When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex noob looking for support on choosing a decent rep - Rolex Submariner 116610 BP Factory newest gen?

testhm

Hi all,

wondering if someone could assist me in choosing a decent rep of the rolex submariner 116610?

What do you think about the following one? Any idea what dealer would be the best to order for delivery to Germany?  Fair price tag?

Thanks in advance

post-18853-0-36775000-1397249756_thumb.jpost-18853-0-59418200-1397249758_thumb.jpost-18853-0-98315400-1397249760_thumb.jpost-18853-0-33449700-1397249763_thumb.jpost-18853-0-67611000-1397249765_thumb.jpost-18853-0-74619500-1397249766_thumb.jpost-18853-0-81576500-1397249769_thumb.j

You can pay a little more and get a BK and know it will arrive in good working order with a Swiss eta. Bert is great to work with and his stuff holds up IMO. Last couple I got from TD had issues and I had to have fixed by my watchsmith so added expense and wait time. If it was me I would go BK or TC or look for a M2M deal on one of the sales threads.

2evany6y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would recommend staying away from BP watches right now. Even my TD is advising the same. I've had 2 recent BP movements coming in looking like this!!

Wow, who puts that in a watch and ships it to someone who paid for it...........Ouch that is really bad.

Hi, most important for DE is ship via UK only option. "Best" is a relative term because it has to consider either the looks or the quality and it does not consider price/value relationship.

My recommendation would be the BP Submariner Ceramic (for comfort because of the glidelock bracelet) and its the one You posted with the Asian ETA for +- 268 usd from Trusty or p-cls.com. Best looking caseset and dial and I prefer true Asian ETA over rebuilt/used or fake "Swiss ETA" in Asian watches. More believable and gen-looking is the classic 16600 BP Seadweller.

For much more +-468 You get the better looking Noob V3 - that is IF You get a REAL noob V3. It´s too expensive for a decorated movement with reliability (and replacement) problems. This price is too near to TC to not go for TC quality directly (could be 2-3 months waiting time). I would recommend TC after You´ve tried out the BP-Sub. Maybe You just want to get other watches like vintage Rolexes or Breitling, Tudor, Audemars Piguet, Panerai and find value there and stay happy with the BP Sub-C or discover You like the classic looks more etc.

BP Sub-C and BP Seadweller

SubCSDb9829_zpsa37398cb.jpg

Wow, who puts that in a watch and ships it to someone who paid for it...........Ouch that is really bad.

I wont say which TD it is out of respect and we are pending a solution to this issue. Both BP watches I ordered came in VERY rough. Both needed the DWO removed and reset due to way off and both movements looked like they were sitting in the bottom of a river...Do NOT buy from BP. I would rather have a Noob V1 with cosmetic flaws then a watch with accurate aesthetics and a crap movement.