When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Santos 100 Clasp Gen or Rep?

Manny007

Hello Fellow Members,

I have just purchased a Santos 100 clasp to add to the list of gen parts for my franken project.

Initially looking at the rep clasp a few months ago, I thought that it looked laser etched and the engraving wasn't that deep.

After looking at the rep clasp today the engraving seemed deeper than I initially thought. I cannot see the difference between the rep and gen (pics).

I have owned a genuine Santos a few years but didn't closely inspect the watch as I bought it from a well trusted local jeweller and I wasn't the 'watch enthusiast' I am today.

Does anyone know the main give away signs or can anyone tell if the one I purchased is indeed genuine?

I have searched a few post but there was no definite answer, also the threads were a few years old and maybe the watches have been improved since then.

The seller has a good reputation on ebay with over 3000 positive feedback, so I am pretty sure the clasp is gen but you can never be too sure based on some other posts I have read.

But given the price I paid for the gen clasp I may return it if there is not that much of a difference.

I have provided some pics of the gen below.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

post-60675-0-33315200-1398797778_thumb.j

post-60675-0-31487800-1398797788_thumb.j

post-60675-0-89249700-1398797794_thumb.j

post-60675-0-93726800-1398797800_thumb.j