When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Audemar help PLEASE....?

Hi Guys after all the great help yesterday with the Nautilus I wonder whether anyone can point me in the right direction for a Audemars Royal Oak...

Just looking for the standard 39mm Royal Oak (pictured) again looking to spend around £300, as with the Nautilus everyone pointed to the SW200, is there a Royal Oak equivalent?

Look forward to the advice.....

B.,.,.,.,.,.

post-63991-0-10582900-1399970646_thumb.j

Edited by banksman

"as with the Nautilus everyone pointed to the SW200, is there a Royal Oak equivalent?"

Hi, Yes, there is the recent 41mm APRO 15400 with the Myota movement (3 screws in the center of the rotor). From the replicas it is the thinnest, the movement is said to be the best, it certainly has the best engravings on the rotor and the movement as well (not gen-like but vey nicely made). It´s got the best made logo as well. Now the bad: specifically in this best model (and expensive +- $440-470) it will be very difficult to obtain a sample with well aligned 12´markers and logo, either one or the other or both always seem slightly off. Bracelet and clasp are very well made and engraved imho.

Last December I got the next best one it´s the version from BP maker with swiss ETA pictured below (thickness 11,7 mm) that normally had them well positioned, comparing both the new is worth the price difference, but be prepared to take a long time looking at qc -pictures and not even most TD´s will be happy in showing 4 or more samples..

Other versions of this Genta-design I don´t mention because imho they are way inferior. The only serious contester/ or consideration would be to get the APRO Diver V5.1 or 6 for now.

AP1024seas_framed2790_zps0605ce36.jpg

Ap1024seasflare_2794_zpsbf0203ce.jpg

• Like 1