When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RepWorld Info Tool beta - testers wanted!

fraggle42

Hiya all,

I've finished the next version of my rep dealer information tool, renamed it again and am looking for a few people to test the beta version.

It is developed on Windows 7, should run on 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7. It needs .NET 4.5, which most people should have by now - I believe if you do not have .NET 4.5 it will issue a warning when you try to run it.

As before, it's a simple tool to help you find TDs, modders, accessory dealers, strap makers. It has an extra section now that lists known scam dealers. (courtesy of RepGeek, but this list was last updated in 2007 so is out of date)

The interface has changed a bit, you can select to filter by forum(s), select one or more categories, and select one or more sub-categories.

There's also a Search function which accepts any text and searches in the name, category description, sub category description, URLs, emails and notes.

It also downloads the database every time you start it which comes from my website (it keeps a cached copy in case you don't have a web connection)

I've checked the dealer data entries, updated some out of date ones and added some missing info to some, and added a few modders.

I know there's still loads of modders and others out there that aren't in the database, if you think someone should be included please let me know in this thread or via PM.

You can download the MSI installer from here:-

http://www.ukrm.co.uk/RWITInstaller.msi

Please do follow up to this post if you have tried it, and if it installed OK and runs OK, or not.

Nice tool, so far it works on my Windows 7, 64bit machine. I would be nice to have a US, Europe etc... check box.

Then when people are looking for modders, they can select the country. I can't tell from the results, if the

modder is US based or UK, etc...

Thanks,
Dave...

Good point Dave.

I can add that into the sub category name easily.

I thing 'US', 'EU' and 'AUS' should cover it, well, depends how many modders details people suggest to me, there's only three in there ATM :)

I forgot to say, when I make any changes to the database you do NOT need to download the program again.

The database is downloaded everytime the program starts up, and is digitally signed to ensure it's valid and comes from me and me alone.

All you need to do is quit the program if it is running, and run it again :)

Sorry, I've not developed for Macs.

I do have one upstairs unused but it's not an Intel Mac so a bit old and i've no idea if software written for that would run on new Intel Macs?

how about a mac version Fraggle mate

CoffinDodger, would you like to try using this to run my software?

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

It is built from the Windows Emulator WINE. I know WINE only supports a limited (but expanding) set of Windows functionality, but my program doesn't do much apart from web download, PGP signature checking and a couple of forms so has a good chance of working.

If you do try it, please do let us know how you got on.

New entries added!

Just added some "Daily Deal" sites found at RWG.bz (with credits to RWG.bz of course).

Can be found under Watches > Daily Deals.

Just released a new version.

Very small changes, updated the Notes at the top of the results page (which now come from the XML data file so I can update them on the fly) and added a help button which displays the same notes.

Enjoy! :)