When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best aftermarket 1665 bezel assembly?

Chuck P

I am looking to upgrade my cartel 1665 assembly but gen is just too steep. Clark's used to have them but I don't think he does anymore. Yuki is no longer stocking his version either. I used to see one at Phong but can't find it anymore (and as with most his stuff it was pricey). I know WSO used to have one but I worry about the fit and appearance quality there. Anyone tried it? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

What is the base watch you are modding? You are correct, vintage Rolex parts have gone out the roof. It's all about supply and demand. As the parts pool for these 40+ year old watches shrinks! the remaining parts are more and more expensive.

The only ones I have dealt with are the old MBW 1665's. The stock bezel on them is pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The base is a PT case. A cartel assembly fits fine with minor mod to crystal but I just don't like the cartel bezel well enough. Although I do like it well enough to not drop another $300 plus on a replacement right now!

• 2 weeks later...