When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

V3 SUB QC Pictures

maxmsu

ear all, 

Just received the following pictures on a V3. 

Please comment and let me know if I should accept it since there are lots of V2/V3 combos out there. 

Is the date aligned with the cyclops? Date wheel sits little high?

Thanks!

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Guest mikemcnair

Although many will find itty bitty details that make it inaccurate, I feel it is a handsome watch and executed well.

The DWO is a little high (easy fix)

The cyclops may be a little off, hard to tell from the angles, but I will be honest bro, 100% of the rep subs I have seen (and I have seen a LOT) have this issue. The crystal is always, and I mean ALWAYS slightly rotated one way or the other, causing the cyclops and the LEC to be ever so slightly out of line. Also a super easy fix, and makes a world of difference to my eyes.

I have NEVER ONCE seen an out of the box rep with the crystal PERFECTLY in it's rotational "home", and this is the first thing I do with all of my personal watches; pop out the crystal, clean it, rotate it to proper position, and press it back in. It takes 2 seconds and makes me feel soooooo much better!

Seriously, look super closely at ANY TDs site, ANY QC pix, ANY out of the box reviews: they ALL have the cyclops and LEC off a hair. The shame of it is that it takes only one second for the assembler to make sure it's straight, but it appears they never do.

I have ~ 10 Rolex reps from different TDs and different factories etc, all on my work bench, and not a single crystal on them is 100% lined up.

Insanity I tell ya!

To answer your original question, the real question is how do YOU feel about it. You will be wearing it, and looking at it, and cleaning it, and scratching it, and all the fun stuff that comes with getting a new timepiece. So if you like it, go for it! I would! It looks great!!

Guest mikemcnair

here are a few of mine, you can tell the ones i have centered and the ones i havent (pix are from an iphone, so not the best but you get the idea...

i have to reiterate though:  if you like it, that is ALL that matters!!  so again, i'd go for it and enjoy it! :thumbup:

photo2-2.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

Guest mikemcnair

i have a DIY i can post for SEL fitment issues, should you feel you need it. i can make them super snug to the case in minutes, and frankly it's pretty darn easy once you see how the issues occur and why they have the "gap" they normally do.

i have seen gen's that have less than perfect SELs also.

i have a DIY i can post for SEL fitment issues, should you feel you need it. i can make them super snug to the case in minutes, and frankly it's pretty darn easy once you see how the issues occur and why they have the "gap" they normally do.

i have seen gen's that have less than perfect SELs also.

tell us

Guest mikemcnair

It's actually easier to show it. I will photo some pix tomorrow morning for you.

It's basically a press fit/squeeze fit procedure, and is quite easy. Works wonders and I have done it mane many times.

Guest mikemcnair

As for the SELs, sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. I will have time to this evening.

I'll install a bracelet that has SEL gap, photo me closing said gap, and reinstall, showing the fitment.

I would show it on my DeepSea but I'm wearing my gen today, so um, yeah, it's already perfect lol...