When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HELP - "dirt" under crystal

childishthing

There are 2 "specs" of dirt, or something underneath the crystal. I'm 100% sure they weren't there the last time I wore the watch. Please advise.

Right behind the 2 O'Clock marker against the rehaut, the spec is on the dial/face

20140530_202620_zpsjwda4y9o.jpg

Right above the 8 O'Clock marker, near the mercedes. It is touching the crystal on the underside

20140530_202603_zpsjpijfoxk.jpg

If you haven't done so already, you will need to buy some watch tools. Read up on tutorials here on how to remove your movement from case and subsequently rice the dirt. Dirt and dust will always appear and it would be costly to keep sending to watchsmith to remove.

I had to learn how to do this and now if I see anything under the crystal , it takes less than 10mins to remove and clean.

Good luck

• Like 1

This is going to happen, it's a rep. If you are bothered by this I would suggest a new hobby or you will become very frustrated very quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

laaaaaaaaaaaaame

If you haven't done so already, you will need to buy some watch tools. Read up on tutorials here on how to remove your movement from case and subsequently rice the dirt. Dirt and dust will always appear and it would be costly to keep sending to watchsmith to remove.

I had to learn how to do this and now if I see anything under the crystal , it takes less than 10mins to remove and clean.

Good luck

thanks! i feel much better now.

all i have right now is a spring bar tool, and i was planning on getting a case back removal tool as well... anything else that i NEED for this job?

Almost the same thing happened to me ! I had some dust and some water vapor/grease on the inside of the crystal it was an old rep so i bought a rubber ball, tweeres and i tried ! Well it worked really well i was quite stressed but the key is to take your time and it will be alright ! Rodico is good but i haven't bought this yet and for the blower i used a hairdryer it worked for me !

Good luck !

Tempus fugit, utere.