When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Had a go at ageing my LV/ NATO today

dusk

Used screws, salt water and road grit and bleach on the strap with a little finishing with wet and dry and emery paper plus a liberal dose of sun which we have had today, these straps are bloody tough I've learnt.

Didn't want to scratch the bezel insert or crystal so taped it up before giving the head a swirl in drywall screws and finish with a few emery scuffs.

Looks far more rough and ready and convincing now. It was just too perfect and shiny before but looks loads better now in the flesh.i never thought I'd want to trash a rolex lol. Pics don't show much unfortunately.

post-62919-0-46095700-1401634129_thumb.j

post-62919-0-25017100-1401634177_thumb.j

post-62919-0-90953400-1401634213_thumb.j

post-62919-0-31683400-1401634265_thumb.j

post-62919-0-45826400-1401634315_thumb.j

post-62919-0-96764100-1401634372_thumb.j

post-62919-0-81406100-1401634419_thumb.j

Looks good but just my 2 cents I would take some scotch bright to the polish and smooth it out cause IMO it looks like it was freshly scratched. :) love the USED LV look tho. I have a TC LV and I do the same thing (minus scratches) I have an old beat up black ln insert that's faded and a NATO strap for camping or doing outdoors activities

Looks good but just my 2 cents I would take some scotch bright to the polish and smooth it out cause IMO it looks like it was freshly scratched. :) love the USED LV look tho. I have a TC LV and I do the same thing (minus scratches) I have an old beat up black ln insert that's faded and a NATO strap for camping or doing outdoors activities

Hi I agree I should have had cape cod delivered but they have been delayed so I made a start. The marring on the side of the case is just very light from emery paper. I'll flat it all out when they arrive and it should fade it. It's gotten rid of the cheap looking mirror finish though which looked suspect, I'll continue this week :-)

Cape cod is not a tool for roughing up a watch. It will actually bring out your polish. It's a cloth designed to remove scratches and ad back a high polish look.

Scotch pad worked a treat on the nasty shiny case sides buddy :)

post-62919-0-19068100-1401821546_thumb.j

Looks much much better

I've managed to bag a TC LV with Wm9 insert and TC pearl

Can't wait to get the screwdrivers into its case (only joking lol)

I was gonna sell this but I'm liking it's look with the NATO. I think the different strap justifies having two LVs.

I'd like to have a good DWO installed so I'll start making inquiries. Also have a gen crown for it

i don't know mate wtf will have to wait for the final pics before i decide if you done the right thing  with this or not. Before i have a go on 1 of mine  :crazy:

Get in there CD claw hammer and jigsaw! Then reverse over it a few times before setting on fire! People will think you are a badass when you wear it lol :0)

It can all be retrieved with a dremel and cape cod but that case was far to shiny and perfect. These watches are all at least a few years old now and some more than ten and wearing a sub as it was intended as a rough and ready watch is super cool ;-)