When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 063 Movement Swap?

panerai153

I just got in an 063 from Davidsen, looks pretty nice, but last night I was setting the GMT hand, and it stopped advancing. Turn the crown the opposite way, and the date flips over fine. I worked at it closing the crown, opening it up to the hand advance (3rd) position, and was finally able to coax it forward to the proper setting. I believe I read here, that there USA washer that puts pressure on the GMT gear, and if it's missing or not in place, the gears don't mesh. I don't want to damage the gears, as it's working fine now.

My question is can an ETA 2893-2 movement be swapped into this case? I have a brand new 2893-2 that I bought several years ago for a Rolex GMT project that never happened. Several years ago, I had both an 029 and an 063 from Eddie Lee that both had 2893-2 movements. So is this doable? And will the hands work with the 2893-2?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got in an 063 from Davidsen, looks pretty nice, but last night I was setting the GMT hand, and it stopped advancing. Turn the crown the opposite way, and the date flips over fine. I worked at it closing the crown, opening it up to the hand advance (3rd) position, and was finally able to coax it forward to the proper setting. I believe I read here, that there USA washer that puts pressure on the GMT gear, and if it's missing or not in place, the gears don't mesh. I don't want to damage the gears, as it's working fine now.

My question is can an ETA 2893-2 movement be swapped into this case? I have a brand new 2893-2 that I bought several years ago for a Rolex GMT project that never happened. Several years ago, I had both an 029 and an 063 from Eddie Lee that both had 2893-2 movements. So is this doable? And will the hands work with the 2893-2?

Thanks

Stop buying new watches LOL

The hands won't work

Different movement ring

Stop buying new watches LOL

The hands won't work

Different movement ring

Good advice!! Pretty much found out from several folks that this is a no go from several angles. I suppose I'll either sell it with the known problems, or send it up to you when you get back from vacation and get the GMT problem fixed.

Should have kept my old 063 with the 2893-2 movement! It was a good one.

Many people here has done that modification What you need is H-5 pinion set, then speedy is the man for the conversion, ring, hands and so. I have the complete H-5 kit if you are interested... Never got around to do mine. You soulstjerne first talk to speedy.

At this point, I have decided to put the watch up for sale, if it doesn't sell, I will more than likely get thus movement sorted out, or as you suggested, send it to someone and do the swap. I would much prefer to sell it and let the next person have the options. The watch is functioning fine outside of the GMT hand setting issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk