When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So the hunt starts again

Degsy1880

well I found this forum a while back and thought interesting, good reads, very knowledgeable and great advice.

so 6 or so months go by then I feel comfortable and happy I have done enough reading/research to plunge into my first rep purchase pam 111v3 noob, love this watch so much that a Handmade strap is inbound to compliment it. lately I have made a few cheaper purchases quartz beaters just to see if I like different brands and so on. Last week I pulled the trigger on a gorgeous IWC FA Jones so that's also inbound as well.

But yes you guessed it I'm Hooked. Now I have never really been a SS bracelet type of guy but a few nice models and versions have caught my eye lately so that's why the hunt has started again and I believe you could possibly help in my decision making. I have singled it down to a few models and I have been doing some reading and comparing rep and gen pics etc (the usual trawl)

so to my narrowed down choices and hoping to keep these around circa $300 + shipping obviously (anything cheaper would be welcomed)

Omega

LMPO 42mm noob (poss my favorite at the minute after looking at a few members purchase's)

Aqua Terra - grey dial

Broadarrow

Rolex

Sub date - ceramic (but v1/2 or all the way V3)

Datejust II

Explorer I

So guys whats to look out for apart the obvious stuff I have read like bezels, crystal, he valve positioning on OP, date wheels on the rolly's etc

whats the safe bet in way of movements as the consensus is that Swiss eta - are you really getting what its supposed to be plus wouldn't get that for the money bracket I'm in anyway

so basically I'm not trying to post whats the best of these models and who stocks etc, just some help in my decision making

cheers Guys

D.

I'm one of those who recently took delivery of a LMPO from Toro.   Totally impressed with it!   Just note that sizing the bracelet takes serious effort and finess, so as not to ruin anything.   If you don't have decent pin-pushers, get some before attempting!

Another vote for the LMPO it is very impressive (once you've sorted the bracelet).

In terms of movements there is a view that if you choose Asian at least you get what you paid for. This of course has been complicated recently by some unexpected Asian movements.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk