When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 21j Stops For 1-2 Secs And Minute Hand Out Of Sync

fredrik m

I have just received a brand new 21J and it seams to work well except for two things.

When I shake my wrist a little bit and then look at the watch it looks like the seconds hand stops for 1-2 seconds.

Is that normal?

I have not seen that on any other watch but this is my first 21J.

The minute hand is out of sync with hour hand, 5 min over when the hour hand is aligned.

If I want to fix this do I need to remove the hands and reinstall them right or is it possible to slide the minute hand without hurting the movement?

I have just received a brand new 21J and it seams to work well except for two things.

When I shake my wrist a little bit and then look at the watch it looks like the seconds hand stops for 1-2 seconds.

Is that normal?

I have not seen that on any other watch but this is my first 21J.

The minute hand is out of sync with hour hand, 5 min over when the hour hand is aligned.

If I want to fix this do I need to remove the hands and reinstall them right or is it possible to slide the minute hand without hurting the movement?

Normal as the asian models are indirect center seconds drive, if you watch the hand while it's going down with gravity it will hesitate, but it will be fine on the way up...

Best to remove the hand and reinstall it in the correct position, pushing it is not a good idea.

RG