When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ST Sub bracelet review

dbane883

Late last year, I picked up a heavily used 93150 bracelet and clasp for my 5513 meters first sub. It was not wearable, so i sent it off to Michael Young's bracelet spa in HK for repair. To be frank, when I got it back, it was still not very good. I think he did the best he could, but the links just werent moving as well as they should be. As such, I could not wear it and promptly sold it.

In the meantime, I managed to secure some gen 580 end links and a gen 93150 clasp. While I looked for a fresher set of links, I ordered a "rep" bracelet from 5tarTim3. I was told they they were made in Italy (not that that means anything) so I took the plunge. The bracelet is sterile, but I have no use for the clasp and end links.

IMG_3808_zpsea21980b.jpg

I was happy to find out that my 580 endlinks fit perfectly, as does the clasp, although you have to use the gen bracelet screws. The grain/sheen are a perfect match for the 580 end links. I'm very impressed.

IMG_3802_zps72cdd9ca.jpg

IMG_3812_zps698f0e92.jpg

IMG_3805_zpse2eb3fb3.jpg

While not correct for my mid'60's 5513, the solid (yes.. solid.. not hollow like a 93150 or 93250) links are extremely comfortable. One upside for the solid links?... no stretch!

IMG_3813_zpsf535f184.jpg

IMG_3806_zpsf4bd777a.jpg

I have to say, its by far the best (most gen-like) sheen of any rep Rolex bracelet I have ever seen. The TC is very "grainy" and does not have the warm Rolex "glow" that the ST bracelet has. For fun, I have compared it to the TC V3 links I have lying around. TC on the left, The ST bracelet on the right.

IMG_3815_zps34ef9290.jpg

IMG_3816_zps1fd9d200.jpg

You can see from the above, that the TC finish, is not quite right. The ST is much better.

Not sure if the ST end links would fit a TC (it should) , but If I still had my TC sub, I would definitely consider using this bracelet along with the V4 clasp.

But until I can secure a decent set of gen 93150 bracelet links, I will happily use these for the next few months.

I almost forgot to mention that the sides come polished. So I took some 800 grit paper and a scotch pad to dull them down.

IMG_3811_zpsdda53a05.jpg

IMG_3810_zpsbeef0eb9.jpg

Nice. Grain does look good. I am super OCD on the bracelet finish. Appreciate the post. I think I am going to try one. Nice cost saving solution. Great looking 5513 which is to be my next project:)

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

To order from ST, one has to be a "watchmaker" or dealer.

I am registered as are a couple others on this board.  

CC. I know you are in UK and you will not like their international shipping rates.

http://www.startimesupply.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=3b3f4cdc83c1460f2a17c4c603539b4a&Screen=PROD&Store_Code=1&Product_Code=RMOSS-SUB-ST&Category_Code=1D_Rolex_Ztainless_Steel_Bands-sub