When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Pro-Hunter GMT master II - BP rep review

GenTLe

I recently got attracted by this modding brand, so I decided to get my 1st GMT watch in this shape.

Some history of Pro-Hunter (from http://www.discoverprohunter.com/):

The Pro Hunter is to Rolex as AMG is to Mercedes Benz.

We are proud to be the first company to personalise a range of limited edition steel Rolex sports watches, creating a collection of stunning and desirable timepieces.

Originally designed as a robust timepiece for hunting, the collection has now plugged the gap in the Rolex product line of sports watches. The designs not only pay homage to the golden years of Rolex of the 1950's and 1960's but are also faithful to the Rolex style and history.

Our designs are inspired by Rolex vintage models such as the Daytonas with anti-reflective bezels, the 4-line James Bond big crowns, the Military Submariners specifically created for the Special Boat Squadron, and especially the black coated Rolex Submariner made for a few British Army Officers based in Africa.

Customisations include:
- Anti reflective "Diamond Like Carbon" case coating, available in three unqiue styles; original, matt and stealth.
- Military models fitted with fixed bars and a canvas strap ensuring durability and comfort for outdoor activities.
- Individually engraved and numbered case backs for each limited edition.
- Pro-Hunter print on the dial.
For many years our hunting clients yearned for a Rolex designed for the hunting community.
So I collaborated their thoughts to one of my main experience which was when I held a black coated Rolex Submariner in my hands especially made by Rolex for a few British Army officers based in Africa.

The BP Factory rep:

Not much to say except it's a real beauty!

PVD looks very good and resistant and the only flaws are:

• the bezel that is 24 clicks unidirectional while the gen is 24 clicks bidirectional
  • the GMT hand is a little misaligned, meaning that when the watch marks 12 'o clock, the GMT hand marks x.10min (but this will be fixed during movement servicing)

The difference from the gen is obviously the movement, the bezel clicks (also I'm not sure is the rep has ceramic or painted Al one) and the bars of the bracelet which aren't fixed but standard.

The ROLEXROLEX and serial nr. in the rehault are present, even if not visible in the pictures

For the rest the pictures will spoke for me.

The TD and the deal:

Gosh, Andrew is incredible...
Pulled the trigger for this one http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=11573 on Friday 20 June at around 10.30PM.
Since it's from BP and some users got the BP watches with wrong movement (new breed asian clone of the clone, also called POS movement), I sent further mail telling Andrew "please please please check it will not come with one of those bad new breed asian clone of the clone"
Got his reassurances at 2.xx AM
Then, at 5.35 PM (SATURDAY 21 june) I got QC pictures...
Shipped on Monday 23 and got it on my desk, in Italy, on Thursday 26 morning  :notworthy:

Funny (and good) thing: I ordered the model with "Asian Eta 2836-2 Modified to Rolex Calibre 3187 Markings and Bridges". Yesterday I opened it to check for the movement and I've found inside an original Swiss Eta movement! :D
And I'm pretty sure of that: the stamping on the rotor, the "moon shaped" cut under the balance... Everything looks gen (and in need of servicing) :D

Another win-win deal with him!  :1a:  :clap2:

post-63910-0-39066500-1403969695_thumb.j

post-63910-0-33691900-1403969731_thumb.j

post-63910-0-88736700-1403969746_thumb.j

post-63910-0-25909500-1403969750_thumb.j

post-63910-0-19232700-1403969763_thumb.j

post-63910-0-99512800-1403969770_thumb.j

post-63910-0-52439800-1403969790_thumb.j

post-63910-0-83766000-1403969806_thumb.j

Edited by GenTLe

You're positive the bezel is uni-directional? There's a chance that might be a QC issue with yours, considering the standard Batman GMT by BP has a bi bezel... I can't imagine why they'd change bezel assemblies for this one to an incorrect one.

Uhm, BP "native" Rolex GMT II is also unidirectional, according to this description: http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=12127

Same here: http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=12130

Which are the bidirectional models you're referring to? :)