When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob sub, V1 vs V3 / BP - differences?

GenTLe

Hi Gents,

can anyone point me out which are the differences between these 3 ones (considering all with A2836 not modified)?

Noob V1 -> http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_115&product_id=122

Noob V3 (V4??) -> http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_115&product_id=1014

BP -> http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_115&product_id=783

I'm too noob in Rolexes to get the differences...

Tnx!

BP has the best dial followed by V3 and V1

From those three pics, the BP seems to have the best CG's, but the V3/$ from what i've heard should be better..

I prefer the insert of the BP in terms of font shape, but the V3 has better depth and is milled cleaner

SEL on the V1 is horrid.  BP has the best SEL gaps but cannot take 2mm spring bars while the V3/4 can.

insert pearl on the V4 is best followed by the BP.  V1 is not even close

V4 hands are better than the BP

i was looking at my bp pearl today it looks more gen than the noob v3 pearl imo,v1 pearl lol.bp hands are the best 116610 hands on the planet other than gen.ive just bought another set.noob hands are flat like cardboard.and the hour hand is off compared to gen.bp crown guards are way too big,v3 has the most gen looking cg

Uhm...

Sec...

CG = Crown Guard

SEL=??? (Bracelet?)

Anyway, considering, at movement parity, that BP=278$ while Noob V3=368$, and that probably for both of them a service is a good idea, I'd say that the best value for money is the BP one.

Thanks a lot DBane! :)

i was looking at my bp pearl today it looks more gen than the noob v3 pearl imo,v1 pearl lol.bp hands are the best 116610 hands on the planet other than gen.ive just bought another set.noob hands are flat like cardboard.and the hour hand is off compared to gen.bp crown guards are way too big,v3 has the most gen looking cg

And thanks you too :)

SEL = Solid End Link

I have/had a BP.. Never owned a Noob.. can only go by the pictures...   But other than the bracelet clasp on the noob being superior, not much reason to go with the Noob imo.  the BP CG's can be slightly altered to be more correct if you are a handy person.   

Heres my gen no-date.  Look at the hands:

IMG_3980_zps7c3684e1.jpg

now look at the BP:

78b9c254-3493-47a7-aba3-fba0cbd95cfd_zps

the lume on the BP are fat compared to gen.

Now look at the V4 hands:

a0ba199e-af8e-48ef-9147-196494d76414_zps

Much thinner in my eyes.   Without seeing the BP and the V4 hands in the flesh, I'd have to say that by the pics, the V4 hands are superior.

Just sayin.

as the hands on a gen are white gold a reps are never gona look as good.my noob v3/v4 hands are good enough for me. cg,s who really looks that close to say "oo the cgs, on your watch are wrong it must be a fake?Just get both and put the 1 you don't want on m2m for your money back as they always sell fast.

Those BP hands definitely better. Still has some issues. WG Mercedes on the hour are too thin and the lume on the minute is too fat. Tip of sweep seems a touch long too. Other than that, excellent reps.

Compared to gen:

8aruhuda.jpg

In conclusion, I'd have to say that the new BP dial and hands are the best. Noob bracelet is the best as is the case/bezel/insert.

Without going gen, I think its fair to say that swapping a BP dial into a noob v3/4 case would be the best sub (ceramic). :)