When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Ingeniuer Movement

I was wondering if some of the more experienced members or those having the the IWC Ingeniuer could chime in. I just received my IWC Ingie and I must say it is a beautiful watch. The movement is a swiss eta 2824-2 automatic.

I'm fairly new to the rep world (longtime lurker), but have purchased many in the last month (3 watches w/ swiss movements and 4 asian). I must say that this is the most accurate of the reps I have purchased, but this rotor seems to "grind".

To clarify, when swirling the watch, all my other rep watches seems to swirl freely (w/ variations) whether they are swiss or asian. However, with this watch, it seems the rotor swirls 1 - 1.5 revolutions whereas the other watches swirl at 2.5-4 revolutions. Also there is a clicking noise when swinging it a bit harder.

I'm about to send the watch to get serviced, but want to know if this is considered "faulty" or something normal out of the box. I've had a couple previous problems with my other watches, but the dealer bent over backward to rectify the situation, but I want to make sure this is a problem before notifying him again.

Maybe I've been been spoiled with the other "best" reps and this is normal..........