When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega SMP (Moon) question

xplosive9z

Hey everyone

Nice to join and get involved with the RWG community! I recently ordered a SMP Moon from Joshua @ PC and it looks like it comes with a Sapphire crystal.

I did some research via Google, this forum and some YouTube videos in regards to my ask. I am looking to change the sapphire crystal to the hesalite provided from OFrei's site. Is there a sizing difference or should the hesalite be able to fit in place of the sapphire?

Thank you, Ni

Flyr

One more question, assuming my SMP has the Lemania movement, would the crystal size be different? I only ask because from my research others who have done this mod said their case sizes were either smaller/larger depending on what movement they got (from 38mm to 42mm) and they had to end up ordering a different size domed lens from Cousins.

Would you happen to know if Lemania will take the 34mm? I'm leaning towards Cousins instead of the gen because it has a slight lower dome height and better curve.

I have no idea, went to wind it one day and the crown spun backwards after a couple of turns.

The watch runs fine for an hour or two ,but that's it.

As I understand you have to make your own(click spring) as they are difficult/impossible to source. Attempting this I think, is a bit beyond my meager watchsmithing skills :frusty: