When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Unstable Panerai 382 Bronzo

marinamm20

I bought a ZF 382 when it came out from  Puretime, and have loved it since the start.

But recently it started to suddenly stop from time to time, then a shake and it went ticking again, also the power reserve was VERY low like it didn't autowind enough.

This i got tired of, so i took matters into my own hands and took of the caseback - could feel/see/hear that the balance weight was running very tight as it almost couldn't turn.

So i took of the autowind balance weight (this by unscrewing the center).

The clone plate i also took off (see the two red circles, these holds the plate in place), to see if an loose items was laying there - lucky me nothing.

Tighten all blue screws and movement holder screws, as some of them was VERY loose, put back on the clone plate.

Then i took the balance weight, and cleaned it in a ultra sonic bath, cleaned it in water and dryed it.

Put it all together again, and persto, balance weight is spinning with ease now, and the auto wind suddenly works like a charme now.

Just an idea if your P9000 clone in your Bronzo stops from time to time.

post-2129-0-79346300-1411588164_thumb.jp

post-2129-0-36675100-1411588173_thumb.jp

post-2129-0-08018300-1411588184_thumb.jp

post-2129-0-53377600-1411588192_thumb.jp

post-2129-0-30745200-1411588202_thumb.jp

• Like 1

g

I bought a ZF 382 when it came out from  Puretime, and have loved it since the start.

But recently it started to suddenly stop from time to time, then a shake and it went ticking again, also the power reserve was VERY low like it didn't autowind enough.

This i got tired of, so i took matters into my own hands and took of the caseback - could feel/see/hear that the balance weight was running very tight as it almost couldn't turn.

The clone plate i also took off (see the two red circles, these holds the plate in place), to see if an loose items was laying there - lucky me nothing.

Tighten all blue screws and movement holder screws, as some of them was VERY loose, put back on the clone plate.

Then i took the balance weight, and cleaned it in a ultra sonic bath, cleaned it in water and dryed it.

Put it all together again, and persto, balance weight is spinning with ease now, and the auto wind suddenly works like a charme now.

I wish that I have talent like yours. Congrats and well-done. Great watch btw, I own one too. :)

Nicely done sir !!!