When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

For The Love Of All That's Holy....

HauteHippie

... how on earth do you remove a link from the Breitling Seawolf Ti ?!? So one side of the bracelet has a screw which comes out easily but is about 2mm long and doesn't really serve any purpose. The other side has a pin which seemingly needs to be pushed out through the hole where the screw was removed. But my tool won't go all the way into that hole. Do I need a special tool?

Here is the tool I have:

168464-10425.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Remove the screw heads from the link (2 screws) and then pull the outer link that they were seated against as well. What you'll see is that the opposite outer link link is actually comprised of the outer link and 2 posts that extend through the middle links. Once the outside link is removed, you can pull the other end with the posts, hence disassembling the link to size the bracelet.

Don't feel bad, Chief.

I just experienced the same thing re-sizing my new SS Navi from Joshua.

After I unscrewed just one of the tiny screws I tried everything to push out the long link pin, not realizing it was attached to the link plate opposite the one the tiny screw came out of, and that there was another pin that held the links together.

Thanks to the explanation by krustybrand and nguyyend, I was finally able to re-size my bracelet.