When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bronzo Troubles......

pcardoza

So my beloved Pan Bronzo is beginning to give me problems.   I had it serviced a number of months back and until recently it has been running perfectly.   The last few days however, it has stopped during the night and today it has stopped on me several times.

I know it is a modified A7750 movement, so my questions are:

1. Do you think it can be cured with another service?   Is it worth trying?

2. Is there a different movement I could search for and replace with that would be more reliable?   I'm not concerned about the decorative elements to the movement, even though its a display back.....

I would need to find a movement then have a local watchsmith do the replacing, as I'm certainly no capable of doing it myself.   Any advice would be welcomed and appreciated!

Paul C

The first thing that comes to mind is how well it was serviced. Was it a complete disassemble, cleaning, and oiled? If not, then that may be the issue. If so, it could be a number of things that could be binding the works. I've had similar issues with a A7750 that turned out to be a misaligned stone on the pallet fork. Your watchsmith should be able to troubleshoot and determine the problem. I hope this helps!

P