When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Schumacher Legend watch advice

K12AN

Hello all

I'm interested in purchasing a Schumacher Legend Speedmaster from a TD. I had originally ordered a Vintage Rolex Daytona with a hand-wind, Venus movement. I have been disappointed with the quality of the markings on these watches and really love the Omegas - they look much more accurate than the Rolex. 

However, I have noticed the Omega's appear to have the older Asian 7750 movement - 21,600 the other at 28,800 bph.

Has anyone bought an older movement piece like this - I understand that each piece is different (as is reliability), but I'm concerned that I could end up buying an expensive paper weight.

From my research, I understand that a serviced/cleaned up Asian 7750 is a reliable watch - but servicing in the UK for rep watches is either near impossible or extremely expensive (more than the value of the watch!).

It seems like all TDs are sourcing these pieces from the same factory and operate in fairly close proximity to each other?

Are there no reputable watchmakers/servicers who would be able to service the watch before its shipped out to me? Has anyone done this before and had this arranged by a TD?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Kiran