When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Picking Out My Next Rep

section8

So many watches to choose from, having a hard time picking my next rep. Probably won't buy until after Christmas so I've got some time.

I REALLY like the Panerai 111. I love the simplicity of it, and the new G series movement with the swan neck is gorgeous.

The Omega PO would be the non chrono - just personal preference. Again, another watch I love the look of and is getting great reviews.

The Chopard GT XL Mille Miglia I really like, but I'm hesitant to purchase so close to being newly released. The pictures of it look stunning though.

Anyway, any input? I'm leaning towards the 111 right now - I don't even know why other than I just really like that watch. I also haven't picked out a dealer for my next purchase yet, so far i've purchased from Eddie, Paul (Perfect SUB LV en route) and most recently Narikaa (still waiting on that too but I just bought on Tuesday)

My first rep was a PAM 111h. I am wearing it now with a brand new BOB Marino Gator for Panerai Aubergine Brown 24/24 with a very nice BOB 24mm PV Buckle.

It is a classic, it looks better when you actually see it and it wears well with everything. Get it.

Usil

(PS - Pugwash - the 24mm Bob PV buckle is fantastic. Best I have ever seen.)

a question on the 111 - I was looking at pictures of the display back on Panerai's website, and the movement doesn't have 'panerai' engraved on it 100s of times, it only has a single 'Officine Panerai" engravement - but if you look at pictures on Paneristi.com, it does have that. Which is correct?

For instance the gen pic from panerai.com:

169130-10266.jpg

Gen pic from Paneristi.com

169130-10267.jpg

As it happens, I tried on the Chopard less than three hours ago--I haven't seen the rep, but I'd bet that the rep won't make anyone's top ten list. The gen's fit and finish, especially on the dial, is gorgeous, far beyond even the best reps...in fact the whole ldesign of the watch, which is pretty unremarkable depends on it. Also, it has a huge mag--probably well over 2X--a unique strap they'll never get to look 1:1, and uses the valgranges movement--the bridges nd rotor look different from the 7750.

As it happens, I tried on the Chopard less than three hours ago--I haven't seen the rep, but I'd bet that the rep won't make anyone's top ten list. The gen's fit and finish, especially on the dial, is gorgeous, far beyond even the best reps...in fact the whole ldesign of the watch, which is pretty unremarkable depends on it. Also, it has a huge mag--probably well over 2X--a unique strap they'll never get to look 1:1, and uses the valgranges movement--the bridges nd rotor look different from the 7750.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking about checking out the Chopard locally as well. I think i've pretty much decided on the 111H though - only thing I think that would stop me is that now i'm eyeballing the FM conquistador as well.

• 1 year later...
Exactly right. Throughthe G series "Panerai, Panerai," etc. H series has cote de geneve bridges and one blue engraving (beyond the small words on the outside of the movement. :)

In addition, the movement change corresponds to the change from sausage to sammich dial too right?