When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Met A Paneristi In Edinburgh This Weekend.

fitmic

I went to Glasgow this friday to see Iron Maiden, and after the gig a got a ride home to my friends in Edinburgh.

Early the following morning went out sightseeing, and went to a really nice pub.

I spotted a PAM on a wrist. For some strange reason I guess most of us have some kind of watch radar.

After a few pints, I had the courage to face him.

- That's a Panerai, right?

- Yes, how did you know?

- I'm a watch nut.

- I love your Double Eagle, I have one myself.

We talked for a couple of minutes, when I finally asked if he's watch is real or a rep.

Of course it was genuine, a 177. He has 14 PAMs in his collection. MASSIVE!

I had to tell him that my Double Eagle was fake.

- No f**king way! I have the same watch too, and yours is not a fake!

Then I showed him the back of the watch. He was stunned, and I told him that there are some really good Panerai fakes too. I didn't want to talk too mutch about PAM reps, afraid of spoiling his day, telling him that our PAMs are fantastic.

I had a good time talking about watches, since my friends hate my addiction! :p

you should have gone along george street and look at the lovely watches in the jewellers along there on the right hand side as you head towards the opposite end from harvey nichols. was in at the weekend and they had some nice pams including a gorgeous radiomir i was very tempted on despite clearing out my panerais..

also a nice collection of patek and rolex to name but a few.

Thats a good story. Always fun to find a fellow watch aficionado regardless of whether they are gen or rep. All in all, most people will assume you are wearing a gen as long as you carry yourself with confidence or until the subject come up and you are inclined to volunteer the facts, or not. :cc_detective: