When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SPEEDMASTER PROFESSIONAL: Most Authentic is . . . whose?

doug

Okay, boys, I'm not lazy. Did my due diligence on Google and various forum searches and came up with some information. But not enough. I have long lusted after an Omega Speedmaster Professional, aka the Moon watch but there seems to be all kinds of versions out there. The two I have found that look the most authentic to me, and I am probably near the bottom of the RWG chain when it comes to this kind of knowledge are those offered by Andrew and Pure-Time (Watch-International?) with the advantage going to the latter.

Of the many versions Andrew has, the one that looks closest to the Neil watch, is only 36mm (vs what I think is 40mm for the gen) and has the open exhibition case back. Pure-Time's is listed at 39mm, so closer, and the photos show the solid engraved ""First Watch on the Moon" caseback.

Do any of you have either the Andrew or Pure-Time version, or even one from another vendor, that you can recommend?

At this point, I am inclined to score one from Pure-Time as it seems the better of the two I've found.

Any guidance hugely appreciated.

Oh, I did find a few references to a review of one of these watches by a forum member, but so far all I can find are replies to it, not the review itself.

Thanks,

Doug

There is a huge amount of Speedmaster rep info in the Omega guides both here and at the other major forums (RG, RWI, etc). The topic has been covered to death but it doesn't get discussed much these days, since there are no convincing reps outside of the day/date models. Have a look at the pinned Omega guides.