When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Servicing A Turbillon

Devedander

Well having serviced one, I can tell you that it is the most troublesome and difficult movement known to man...

The cage with the escape wheel, balance, pallet etc...took me 10 (TEN) hours to assemble...very hard to work on to say the least...

How much to service? If you can find someone, not cheap at all...I'll never do another unless it's by the hour...

RG

Well having serviced one, I can tell you that it is the most troublesome and difficult movement known to man...

The cage with the escape wheel, balance, pallet etc...took me 10 (TEN) hours to assemble...very hard to work on to say the least...

How much to service? If you can find someone, not cheap at all...I'll never do another unless it's by the hour...

RG

May I ask what takes you so long?

Whenever I try to do something on a watch (install caseclamps for example, which sounds like an easy job), it always takes HOURS, because those damn screws wont get in the right place or the damn case clamp is not in the right position OR I press to hard with the tweezers and the screw jumps miles away and I have to look for ita all over the place, so I have to try this "easy" job over and over and over, and after 1 hour I finally managed to install ONE damn caseclamp.

RG

Your post made me laugh out loud. The mere fact that you were able to put it back together at all speaks volumes about your skills. Don't worry, though, Rob. I'll never hit you up for a tourby service!

Well those 3rd gen tourbs look gorgeous but at $1000 it would have to be a special birthday presesnt or something so as good as they may be I still can't bring myself to get one knowing what I would be in for in terms of servicing.

I figured as much as they would be really hard to work on... just watching one work makes me wonder how they got it all together in the first place not to mention the detail involved in getting the lubes in the right places...

Thanks for the info!