When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lume Shots

vaccum

Well, when I got this one for relume I was trying to figure out how to make the "pearl" look real nice.

I talked to The Zigmeister about it and he told me to break the "pearl" crystal and remove the old lume.

I want to take this opportunity to thanks my mentor The Zigmeister for the lots of info and knowledge he has shared with me since I decided to do some work for the members here. The Zigmeister has made my first steps a lot easier...thanks buddy! :1a:

Back to the pearl.........

Here is how I did it...I took and old 1.5mm screwdriver (any pointy object will do it) and a small nylon hammer...then I cracked the crystal and removed the crystal pieces, for the old lume I used a flat screwdriver smaller than the "pearl" hole (don't remember the size now) and scraped out the old lume. Then I cleaned everything with a bit of lume dilutor. Now to fill the hole I did a small amount of c-3 lume mix and filled the hole almost to the top of it because it will shrink a bit after it dries and it looked like this...note that its not flat to the top like it should

172365-9268.jpg

Then to make it look like a flat pearl I filled it with varnish and let it dry. Sorry I don't have a close-up pic of the final product.

Hope this answer your questions.

vaccum