When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replacing a Steel Bracelet with a Leather Strap BUT Keeping the clasp?

Hi guys,

Hope your week is going well!

My first ever Replica was a pretty cruddy Milgauss (with the whole green tinge crystal glass). I've never really been into modding my watches to any extent. However, I'm really considering putting a leather strap on the Milgauss just to change it up a little.

I've looked online for straps (I believe the lugs are 20mm), and found some nice ones. However, I'd prefer to go down the leather strap W/Clasp route.

So, I suppose my overall question would be. How difficult is it to remove the clasp from the steel bracelet, and put it onto a leather strap?

Is it even possible without a totally custom strap?

Look forward to your views.

ALSO: Any strap recommendations or opinions are gladly accepted.

Normally I´d say just use the leatherband with a standard or (rep) Rolex buckle, if You want You find a deployant clasp as well.

Some places to have a look are strappedfortime and watchbandcenter.com for deployants and straps, I´d recommend Martu straps for a nice vintage leather (ships the week it´s ordered)

5513_1687C_zpsdc410bf0.jpg

IMO don't put a leather strap on a Rolex it looks crap.

I have put a couple on mine over time and to be honest they all look s**t

Rolex sell their watches on  bracelets because thats how they look best.

many people try their Rolexs with natos and leather straps but if they were honest they would tell you that they never look right

So don't bother

Yesterday was visiting the rafflestime store and they sell the R-buckle if You want to get one later on. Imo the green shark skin looks awesome and much compliments the watch.

As for straps on R. very generally I think they look great and may be very comfortable. Using straps longterm all the time, not on all, but on some:)

DSC_0650c_zps692ffc23.jpg

Expl_3303c_zps5f2d036e.jpg

expl2_1240_zpsac485065.jpg

IMG_4829-5513b_zpscr5r9uqq.jpg