When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Many Thanks From An Omega Fan

Moppel

Dear forum members,

although I've been reading this forum for only a few month I have learned

a lot so far.

My first order was a PO 4th generation from Andrew. Unfortunately, one lume

marker had fallen off. But with the help of this forum I was able to remove the crown,

take the movement out and put back the marker. I had never opened and taken out a movement before.

So I am kinda proud that I could fix it myself :-)

I also found great information on how to regulate the movement in order to keep time

more accurately. The PO ist now +2 secs/day.

My 2nd order from Andrew was the SMP Chrono which I also regulated to +2 to +3 seconds a day.

I also found these information in this forum.

It always impresses me how skilled and knowledgeable the members are.

And it is realy hard to find any rude comments here. You guys know what I am talking about when you

look at other forums on the web.

Many thanks and

Happy Holiday.

Moppel

:1a: Hi Moppel - nice to meet you as a fellow Omega fan !! I absolutely agree with you about the breadth and depth of knowledge and decorum on this forum - it doesn't get much better !!

I have recently bought a 5th Gen 42mm PO from Paul at Wo-Mart (who, incidentally I cannot fault for price and service !). I have been umming and aahhing about going for the 6th Gen 45mm PO but I'm not sure about the size, should I go for it or play safe with my 42mm, which is also a fantastic rep !

Have a look at: http://www.wo-mart.com/product_info.php?products_id=1138 :bleh:

I suggest you check out the Constellation Double Eagle and the Railmaster.

Hi fitmic,

even though I am a huge OMEGA fan I don't like all of the models they offer. I am more into the Seamaster models. I guess it is basically the colour which attracts me most. The blue is just fantastic. About a year ago I bought a gen SMP Bond. Event though it is still my favourite watch I guess it won't get much wrist time during the next weeks as I have a SMP Chrono from Andrew. And that beauty is just amazing! It was a [censored] to regulate since it took me almost two weeks. But now I think Andrew has put a Quartz movement in. It runs

only 2 seconds slow in 40 hours.

Happy Holiday.

Moppel