When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartel 1680 date window and gen crystal cyclops compatibility

Guest rg21044

Guest rg21044

Does anyone have any recent experience with cartel 1680 subs and gen spec/Clark crystals? Is there still a problem with the cyclops and date window not lining up?

Guest rg21044

Funny you say that. I just changed my order from Clarks to a T-19 from a 127. 

I thought it it had something to do with the movement. The rep I have is running an ETA clone. I think the eta date wheel aperture will line up but I'm not sure.

anyone know the answer?

With the Puretime version the date window is in the ETA position. I'm not sure about the others, but that is why the cyclops is shifted when using that particular version. My guess is the others are also the same, especially if they come with ETA movements.

With that being said, people have used gen spec crystals and have said it really isn't that big of a deal. The quality improvement of the crystal itself makes up for the slightly off-kilter position. I personally really like the look of the T19, so I lean that direction!

Guest rg21044

Thank you for the info. That is unfortunate as I really like the "tophat" look, but the offset cyclops would get to me. Maybe I'll just go T-39 Superdome...but Clarks version of the 39 is over $60. Not really expensive, but a far cry from $10-$20.

Edited by rg21044

Thanks. I researched them a little, but I can't figure out which one I need.

Same here. I want the T19 service dome but I can't figure out which one is the correct one. Clark makes it so easy. He just says exactly what it is and whether it is the super dome or service dome profile. That's really convenient and smart on his part.