When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thoughts On Oris Tt1 Chrono?

HauteHippie

Now that it's plain that you are only in this, to be seen on a podium, wearing your favorite watch,...

and clearly not for the success of the project,... I end this discussion,.. my patience is wasted, as

was my time. :yawn:

You reckon?! As I said, i didn't expect you to be able to divorce my wishes from the argument. The closing 'ad hominem' attack is a cheap shot, and doesn't address the issue - which is that imposing your opinion of what a rep watch should be on the selection process, opinions that don't actually match reality, should not have happened. That's the point that is being argued around here.

Incidentally, my choice was made first and foremost because it fitted the criteria with respect to authenticity and availability of movement. I chose it secondly because it conformed to the fashion of the day of large size and sporting looks, plus versatility of strap option. I chose it thirdly because Jay already carried some Oris designs in the past so would clearly be open to the brand and its popularity. I hope you can recall that is how I presented its case, before my thread was deleted.

I don't really care anymore about what watch gets made from the poll, and I reckon a whole lot of people feel the same way because the process turned and twisted like a chip poke in a hurricane. Then when you moaned that it didn't work the way you planned it to - well, go and look why instead of blaming everyone else.

My biggest fear is what happens if whatever does get made now isn't quite up to scratch and people either feel compelled out of loyalty to buy a watch they wouldn't otherwise have bought or, worse, don't buy it - leaving our friendly watch dealer very [censored] at us?! Because of this I think it is YOU who took a risk with the goodwill of this community, motivated by your own desires to be the godfather of a new rep (ideally one that fell in line with your criteria).

@ r11co and Richard Tracy:

Come on - give it a break guys. :black_eye:

Both you have made some good arguments defending your positions ... and both you have developed this topic in to some kind of a personal ...... lets call it "dialectic confrontation".

A very civilized way but...... give it a rest now. :)

You reckon?! As I said, i didn't expect you to be able to divorce my wishes from the argument. The closing 'ad hominem' attack is a cheap shot, and doesn't address the issue - which is that imposing your opinion of what a rep watch should be on the selection process, opinions that don't actually match reality, should not have happened. That's the point that is being argued around here.

Incidentally, my choice was made first and foremost because it fitted the criteria with respect to authenticity and availability of movement. I chose it secondly because it conformed to the fashion of the day of large size and sporting looks, plus versatility of strap option. I chose it thirdly because Jay already carried some Oris designs in the past so would clearly be open to the brand and its popularity. I hope you can recall that is how I presented its case, before my thread was deleted.

I don't really care anymore about what watch gets made from the poll, and I reckon a whole lot of people feel the same way because the process turned and twisted like a chip poke in a hurricane. Then when you moaned that it didn't work the way you planned it to - well, go and look why instead of blaming everyone else.

My biggest fear is what happens if whatever does get made now isn't quite up to scratch and people either feel compelled out of loyalty to buy a watch they wouldn't otherwise have bought or, worse, don't buy it - leaving our friendly watch dealer very [censored] at us?! Because of this I think it is YOU who took a risk with the goodwill of this community, motivated by your own desires to be the godfather of a new rep (ideally one that fell in line with your criteria).

Just for the record, the poll is a success, don't get me wrong just because I posted a thread

to squeeze the last bit of juice from the fruit,.. which by the way paid off...besides you mis-reading

it as some weak opening for your Oris rant.

Regarding This particular exchange, I only speak to you out of respect for a fellow board member,

something you could learn a bit about,. however as far as your submission,.. it's a non-factor,

as the polls demonstrated,..not to mention that it was submitted OFF guideline,. and was only allowed

to remain for the days it did, because I knew how you would react,..as you are now.. like you do with

anything Bond related,.. illogical, argumentative for the love of argument, blunt as a hammer, and

with the same gall that would allow you to believe that you could pick and choose which guideline

points you decide are valid... :blink:

As for your biggest 'Fear',... Please,.. your words suggest, your 'Fear', is your goal...

Just so you know,... Most,,..if not All, of the most important board admin, and productive members,

here, understand, support, and root for the effort,..

The few members that don't... hey, you have finally made me see that I can't please everyone,..

nor make some see the scope of the plan,..no matter how I try,.. so you will simply just have to

hate on the side, and hope for the worst,... that's life. :black_eye:

Just for the record, the poll is a success, don't get me wrong just because I posted a thread

to squeeze the last bit of juice from the fruit,.. which by the way paid off...besides you mis-reading

it as some weak opening for your Oris rant.

You simply won't let go of that, even though you've failed to spot the irony that it was you who hijacked a thread which until that point had nothing to do with the poll - a thread about Oris watches, which seem to have a following - a sleeping popularity not unlike the TAG watches that were pilloried in here regularly until just before the summer when the Link Chrono appeared.

Take a look around - you are too busy pontificating to realise that is you who brought your argument here!!

I'll admit, I'm arguing for the hell of it now, but I think you need brought down a peg or two (but I'll refrain from the ad hominem, which you seem incapable of doing).

For the last time - I don't care what watch was picked. I care even less that it wasn't my submission. Here's my beef - I don't believe the stated altruistic motives of the poll, I don't believe it will be as important to the development of a new rep as you are making out. I think it is simple flag waving by some people who believe they 'have the ear' of a dealer with links to a factory and want to make it look like they have influence, and when the master plan wasn't taken as seriously as they expected, said person started throwing the toys out the pram.

If a couple of IWCs do appear then (as I said elsewhere) woohoo - well done for getting the Gst retooled and a new dial printed. Dose of reality required here!

If you really want to gain some respect go petition to become a moderator or something......

I don't believe the stated altruistic motives of the poll, I don't believe it will be as important to the development of a new rep as you are making out. I think it is simple flag waving by some people who think they 'have the ear' of a dealer with links to a factory and want to make it look like they have influence. If a couple of IWCs do appear then (as I said elsewhere) woohoo - well done for getting the Gst retooled and a new dial printed. Dose of reality required here!

If you really want to gain some respect go petition to become a moderator or something......

:g: Only one thing I can I say to a petty mindset that could even conceive of such silly motives,..

and can't see past the end of the day,..or should I say, the end of your wrist,..

...is..Funny how your 'belief' system only changed after your watch poll was deleted... :lol:

:g: Only one thing I can I say to a petty mindset that could even conceive of such silly motives,..

Poor reply. Again ironic in the light of the fact that it was your jumping to the defensive that brought you into this thread in the first place. Care to address that point, or is it still difficult to accept that you might have been wrong about something?

Not feeling the love here, then?!

Funny how your 'belief' system only changed...

Any evidence of that?! B)

I see,.. I must be speaking to Bond now,.. not the guy who submitted

Yup, that was me. I'll admit I entered into the spirit of the game, but it was pretty apparent what was going on, and I'd heard the idea floated before with zero success. Mobilising the troops was good fun, but was it really going to make a difference, or even perhaps get in the way of the glory seeking.....

and cryed about the Oris poll... :yu:

:huh: I don't recall any crying by me. It came, it progressed, it got deleted. Hardly a murmur.

However......

Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed - there's a spoof poll still in there. I wonder if you can spot it.....

Yup, that was me...

:huh: I don't recall any crying by myself. However......

Oh, and in case you hand't noticed - there's a spoof poll still in there. I wonder if you can spot it.....

Deleted from the entries,...

And yes, you are alone,.. There were many polls that didn't make it through, but we don't see

anyone else besides you, tossing about like a spoiled child with an axe, chopping at the Christmas tree

that your bulb fell from, simply because you didn't take the time to read the guidelines,..

You can't even accept that simple fact,... you need to twist it into conspiracy theories

and draw grade school psychological cartoons with your crayon... Get a life and move on....

but we don't see anyone else besides you, tossing about like a spoiled child with an axe, chopping at the Christmas tree that your bulb fell from..

After the fact!

And you still haven't explained why you are stoking the fire in here. What exactly is it you were trying to prove hijacking this thread?! Care to answer that and address the issue that 'perfect' reps of $1.5k watches do actually exist despite some people deciding in advance of the rep factories that there isn't a market for them. Even though it is not really what this thread is all about - care to explain why your theory about 'low end gen's' isn't actually borne out in practice and ergo why your floor value idea for the poll was merely subjective crap on your part?

Or is that too hard and distracting from your crusade to big yourself up?!

After the fact!

And you still haven't explained why you are stoking the fire in here. What exactly is it you were trying to prove hijacking this thread?! Care to answer that and address the issue that 'perfect' reps of $1k watches exist.

Or is that too hard and distracting from your crusade to big yourself up?!

Hey I post my rebuttles where I please,... and I already answered your 1k watch argument..

Look, just go buy your Oris,.. Your petty attempts to turn a major chance for the board into saving

you a few hundred dollars on an already cheaply priced watch, is ridiculous & cheap...to the extreme,...

and I already answered your 1k watch argument..

You haven't. You just elaborated on your theory which, as I have pointed out and is borne out by what is available in the market, not actually based in reality.

Your petty attempts to turn a major chance for the board into saving

you a few hundred dollars on an already cheaply priced watch, is ridiculous & cheap...to the extreme,...

A major chance for who?

We handle this right and we win,.. we don't and we lose,....please,..

you only waste yourself,.. and put me down for doing what I was chosen to do.

A divine calling, was it?!

Who is deciding what constitutes 'right and wrong' handling of this process?! And what part of the sky will fall if it doesn't work out, exactly?! We will lose nothing but learn from experience if it doesn't work out - reps will still be made and we will not be blacklisted from buying them.

If you mean an opportunity will be squandered, then perhaps, but, as I said, I think the whole getting ideas above our station will be more damaging in the long run, especially, if after all the hoo-haa, the demand for an RWG poll commission doesn't arise, which common sense tells me is the likely outcome sooner if not later, and when it does THEN we'll all suffer.

If you see this as the beginning of a process of eventually getting down the list to the watch that you want then please say so, because we can fall at plenty hurdles before then...

You haven't. You just elaborated on your theory which, as I have pointed out and is borne out by what is available in the market, not actually based in reality.

A major chance for who?

A divine calling, was it?!

Who is deciding what constitutes 'right and wrong' handling of this process?! And what part of the sky will fall if it doesn't work out, exactly?! We will lose nothing but learn from experience if it doesn't work out - reps will still be made and we will not be blacklisted from buying them.

If you mean an opportunity will be squandered, then perhaps, but, as I said, I think the whole getting ideas above our station will be more damaging in the long run, especially, if after all the hoo-haa, the demand for an RWG poll commission doesn't arise, which common sense tells me is the likely outcome sooner if not later, and when it does THEN we'll all suffer.

If you see this as the beginning of a process of eventually getting down the list to the watch that you want then please say so, because we can fall at plenty hurdles before then...

I simply lock your post for others to comprehend your motives and lack both common sense

and foresight... You are your own worst enemy... :wounded1:

Where did this exchange come from? Give it a rest.

The Oris is a cool watch. I'd rather have a Sinn U1 for the same price. The dimensions are more proportional. I've tried both on. The Oris is too thick for it's diameter. The crystal is too small in diameter for the size of the case.

I actually like the Williams F1 the best of all the Oris watches.

I enjoy a good debate once and a while, but this exchange has gone on for quite a while, and it strains against both of your characters. You two seem to be civilized, grown men with many opinions and values, but it is high time that you make truce and allow yourselves to see that you will be hard-pressed to ever agree. You guys will continue to argue until this thread is twenty pages deep. Both of your arguments are quite valid, but you will not come to an agreement due to your strong, contrasting personalities. Instead of volleying each other with half-hidden insults and prods, be men and understand that both of you are correct in your own ways.

Let it be done! It's the holidays! :group:

Edited by Azkael

I enjoy a good debate once and a while, but this exchange has gone on for quite a while, and it strains against both of your characters. You two seem to be civilized, grown men with many opinions and values, but it is high time that you make truce and allow yourselves to see that you will be hard-pressed to ever agree. You guys will continue to argue until this thread is twenty pages deep. Both of your arguments are quite valid, but you will not come to an agreement due to your strong, contrasting personalities. Instead of volleying each other with half-hidden insults and prods, be men and understand that both of you are correct in your own ways.

I agree with your sentiment Azkael, but one thing that still rancours me is that RT persists in attacking the arguer rather than the argument (ad hominem). Maybe I should accept that as an admission that the argument itself is over?!

^_^