When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Saw Josh's And Andrew's New Hublot Bb

Guest chronomat123

2 Gen and the reps...see wich one of the reps dials/hand(color) are closer to the gen.

174179-8908.jpg

174179-8909.jpg

174179-8910.jpg

174179-8911.jpg

All are with carbon dials!

Its a DAMN prototype, how many times do I have to tell you until it goes in your head, huh? The Bublot Big Bang F1 Istanbul does NOT have gold hands, it has SS hands! also the watch on the second picture is a whole differnt watch, so if you want to be a smart ass, at least do your homwork! Jesus!

And picture number 3 from Trusty Time does not have a carbon fibre dial. At least its NOT visible on the picture. Please shut up if you do not know what you are talkin about, we all have told you, we've discussed this before

Its a DAMN prototype, how many times do I have to tell you until it goes in your head, huh? The Bublot Big Bang F1 Istanbul does NOT have gold hands, it has SS hands! also the watch on the second picture is a whole differnt watch, so if you want to be a smart ass, at least do your homwork! Jesus!

And picture number 3 from Trusty Time does not have a carbon fibre dial. At least its NOT visible on the picture. Please shut up if you do not know what you are talkin about, we all have told you, we've discussed this before

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's sad to see this whole BB project has turned into a little war while in fact we should be all happy to have another great rep. Concerning the prices: The dealers give us the price, we either accept or dont buy. Its just like a market. If competition will drive down the price, so be it. If not, then accept it. Guys, i hope you realise that we are buying reps here. So we ARE in position where we should not start negotiating. At least that is how i feel.

Having followed most of the posts with respect to the development of the BB,

I have no idea to what extent you other dealers have been active in giving feedback and helping develop the this perfect piece of rep, but it was a pleasure for us members to be involved in this project and the man who provided us with updates and worked hard for our corrections and suggestions to be implemented was Angus.

So as i said, if you did also put in work, thanks a lot, your work is highly appreciated bc the outcome is a fine piece! But just from reading the forum the members are not able to see that you are working on this project.

The only thing I know is that Angus has done an extremely outstanding job in trying to get thing really 1:1 (and please repsect that this has never been done before).

One live example: The prototype we have seen had the wrong Hublot logo, but after some ambitious member has pointed out to him, it was changed!

(see tha PO coming in the xth generation still with the wrong logo) I know that if the contact between dealer and us members would have been as close in the production of the ultimate PO as it was in the planning of the BB, there would be zero flaws in the PO today.

To judge the quality of the current BB reps one has to know the exact product line of the BBs. The fact is, that this is a little bit different from most other projects bc Hublot has made relatively many different versions and so called limited editions of the same watch just swapping parts around. And this is good news for us! WHY? Bc those of us that put a big weight on the accuracy of the watch do not really have to be afraid being called out. YES, the original F1 istanbul has steel hands. BUT I have personally seen a RG model with steel bezel that had gold hands, so there is at least one out there (and presumably more than one).

Secondly, the Hublot gen community is relatively accessible to everyone. So if you are a BB fan you could contact the CEO per mail and expect an answer.

If additionally, you have some foot in the industry chances are high you could negotiate for a BB version of your preference (lets say you prefer silver hands on the regular RG version).

And finally, if you ever meet anyone that is going to call you out bc he thinks that the particular version does not exist, he is either someone who only studied the catalogue and you can politely explain to him about all the limited eds that that are out there and tell him yours is one of them. Or its someone who knows about all special editions bc he has handed them all out personally (so you are likely be facing the CEO JC. B.) in which case you are in trouble anyway...haha

So what i am trying to say here is that as long as the individual parts of the rep are sooo close (and they even seem to be identical since they are interchangable with the gen's) swapping some parts will not hurt its accuracy !!! The only concern is taste here, so if you prefer one model over another you should take that one, but accuracy does not matter!

This rep has the ultimate potential to fool ANYONE, if you are smart and your ultimate goal IS to fool ppl. bc you can [censored] about some special request

And yes, these special requests do exist. Trust me, I know what I am talking about.

The same story holds concerning the datewheel. YES it does exist in white and black on the gen and might soon exist directly per request !!! So dont worry too much, enjoy your BB instead :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I hope this makes things a bit more clear and resolves some misconceptions !

Have a nice day (or: just my 2...),

uziuzi