When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Omega Seamaster Missing Hour Marker By Date Windows?

ChrisUCF99

I bought an Omega Seamaster w/ swiss movement from a dealer on this board and it showed up with a missing Hour marker by the date window. The dealer says that's the way the new ones are supposed to be... is that true?

174330-8863.jpg

From the Omega website

174330-8864.gif

Looks like the red Seamaster under the Omega trademark is missing as well.

Your dial looks like something of a combination of the chronometer co-axial dial and the quartz dial but is true to neither. The hour marker is the least of it's problems.

I don't know if newer models have supplanted this one but this is the product pic from the official website

The crown guards actually dont look too bad, i think it was just the angle i took the picture at... I also didnt expect it to show up with the word "Seamaster" in red, as I havent seen it like that on any of the other dealer's websites. I'm mainly concerned with the date window.

Also, are the "pins" on the links supposed to look like screws... meaining, there is a slot on the "pin" where you could put a tiny flat head screwdriver? I told the dealer they were screws and not pins and he said the pins look like screws.

The SMP with the red 'Seamaster' wording directly below the 'OMEGA' wording is the latest, updated version of the SMP... :whistling:

ChrisUCF99's SMP looks like the existing SMP reps out there.. minus the marker but with quite a sweet pearl though... And I think it's the angle of the pic which makes the CGs look "flat"... :blink:

Contact your dealer for maybe a dial replacement, @ChrisUCF99... :)

The crown guards actually dont look too bad, i think it was just the angle i took the picture at... I also didnt expect it to show up with the word "Seamaster" in red, as I havent seen it like that on any of the other dealer's websites. I'm mainly concerned with the date window.

Also, are the "pins" on the links supposed to look like screws... meaining, there is a slot on the "pin" where you could put a tiny flat head screwdriver? I told the dealer they were screws and not pins and he said the pins look like screws.

Think I was right on the CGs... :p

Erm... I beg to differ on the look of the pins... they should look just like.... pins! :bleh: Well, maybe you got a newer batch of bracelets, which come with screws instead of pins (just as in the gen)... :brow:

Here is what im talking about with the "pins"... i took it to my jeweler and he said the "screws" were seized and he couldn't get them out... he managed to get one link out and it was indeed a screw. The dealer said the first links are screws and the wrest are pins... but all the "pins" look like screws to me as well.

174349-8862.jpg

Edited by ChrisUCF99

Well, those are screws alright... :brow: But honestly, it's no big deal really... You just got a bracelet from a newer batch dude... Though i have to admit that the older version bracelet felt more like the gen... :p

Yeah, i dont really mind that they are screws, what i do mind though is that they are seized and cant come out... I need a few more links out for it to fit my wrist :( The jewler tried for over an hour. I'll see if the dealer will give me a replacement.

Yeah, i dont really mind that they are screws, what i do mind though is that they are seized and cant come out... I need a few more links out for it to fit my wrist :( The jewler tried for over an hour. I'll see if the dealer will give me a replacement.

I'm assuming your jeweler looked to see if there are pin directional arrows on the inside of the bracelet. The binding split on a pin can liik like a slotted screw head.

Some genuine manufacturers, (like Raymond Weil) put Loctite like screw seizers on their bracelet threads and the bracelets need to be heated to loosen the screws. You might try laying the bracelet on a light bulb for a minute and see if you can turn the screws.

I'm assuming your jeweler looked to see if there are pin directional arrows on the inside of the bracelet. The binding split on a pin can liik like a slotted screw head.

Some genuine manufacturers, (like Raymond Weil) put Loctite like screw seizers on their bracelet threads and the bracelets need to be heated to loosen the screws. You might try laying the bracelet on a light bulb for a minute and see if you can turn the screws.

Yes, he talked about that.. He said they were screws, and one link he removed had screws. From home, i was able to tighten one of the screws even tighter and the screws threads came out the other side of the link... so im pretty sure they are screws as well. I was able to reverse it back out to it's original position, just not any further out.

Yes, he talked about that.. He said they were screws, and one link he removed had screws. From home, i was able to tighten one of the screws even tighter and the screws threads came out the other side of the link... so im pretty sure they are screws as well. I was able to reverse it back out to it's original position, just not any further out.

You know you can buy a replacement aftermarket, (with pins!!!!) cheap on the bay right? Might give you some courage to really wrench on the screws if you have this in reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OMEGA-SEAMASTER-PRO-ST...1QQcmdZViewItem

You know you can buy a replacement aftermarket, (with pins!!!!) cheap on the bay right? Might give you some courage to really wrench on the screws if you have this in reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OMEGA-SEAMASTER-PRO-ST...1QQcmdZViewItem

Awesome, I got a hold of the dealer and he is sending another bracelet, so if that doesn't pan out I know where to turn! Thanks!

On another note... i did receive this submariner from the same dealer and it looks awesome (to me anyway)... I had a few swiss sub reps from back in the day, and this does look better than my others. Although I like the bezel of one I had a while back better than this one as this one doesnt have solid sounding clicks when i turn it.

174393-8858.jpg

174393-8859.jpg

174393-8860.jpg

Though i have to admit that the older version bracelet felt more like the gen... :p

Felt like the gen, looked like the gen, takes parts designed to fit the gen. The new bracelet is OK but a travesty compared to what this watch was selling with a year ago, and the deletion of the hour marker at three takes us back to the bad old days of this rep when this flaw was commonplace. The good pearl is poor compensation.

@crystalcranium - the 'bay strap looks like a dodgy purchase. The first picture shows the same bracelet that Silix supply on their non-prime Seamasters (not too clever - a friend of mine bought one and the deployment completely fell apart) and the last two pictures shows the acid etched clasp typical of the latest generation of Asian 21J powered SMP reps. The ones in between look genuine or similar quality to the rep band of a year ago, but clearly they are not all the same band (look at the engraving and the rivet holding the mushroom!)

Felt like the gen, looked like the gen, takes parts designed to fit the gen. The new bracelet is OK but a travesty compared to what this watch was selling with a year ago, and the deletion of the hour marker at three takes us back to the bad old days of this rep when this flaw was commonplace. The good pearl is poor compensation.

@crystalcranium - the 'bay strap looks like a dodgy purchase. The first picture shows the same bracelet that Silix supply on their non-prime Seamasters (not too clever - a friend of mine bought one and the deployment completely fell apart) and the last two pictures shows the acid etched clasp typical of the latest generation of Asian 21J powered SMP reps. The ones in between look genuine or similar quality to the rep band of a year ago, but clearly they are not all the same band (look at the engraving and the rivet holding the mushroom!)

Actually, I just posted that link as an example of what was available with just a short look. I have purchased aftermarket bracelets from this dealer with good results. There are several AM and genuine bracelets available with a "seamaster bracelet" ebat search.