When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Day Wheel Trouble In Replica Land

galla

Hey, just recieved my Breitly Bentley GT from Andrew and its the greatest thing since sliced bread. I love this watch. Problem. I noticed when try to set the day with a couter clockwise movement of the crown the day wheel will spin but it gets stuck between Sunday and Saturday. After a significant amount of continual spinning it will finally move, only to get stuck again. ????? I always set the watch to 4:30PM before adusting the day or date.

The date wheel works fine and its lined up up perfectly. The problem is the day wheel which i also noticed can sometimes get stuck between certain days such as Thurs and Fridays when i move time forward to test its ability to change with time changes.

My choices:

1. Contacted Andrew, he offered to have his guy look at it if I ship it back to China. (Dont know if i can wait that long for my "precious" to come back).

2. Get somebody local to fix it. However it may be too expensive.

3. Find an easy fix via this board :o)

Not sure which way I should go here... I love the watch so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by galla

Hey, just recieved my Breitly Bentley GT from Andrew and its the greatest thing since sliced bread. I love this watch. Problem. I noticed when try to set the day with a couter clockwise movement of the crown the day wheel will spin but it gets stuck between Sunday and Saturday. After a significant amount of continual spinning it will finally move, only to get stuck again. ????? I always set the watch to 4:30PM before adusting the day or date.

The date wheel works fine and its lined up up perfectly. The problem is the day wheel which i also noticed can sometimes get stuck between certain days such as Thurs and Fridays when i move time forward to test its ability to change with time changes.

My choices:

1. Contacted Andrew, he offered to have his guy look at it if I ship it back to China. (Dont know if i can wait that long for my "precious" to come back).

2. Get somebody local to fix it. However it may be too expensive.

3. Find an easy fix via this board :o)

Not sure which way I should go here... I love the watch so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

have you tried setting it by turning the hands or just the quickset? if it lines up OK by setting saturday with rotating the hands i'd just leave it be.