When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quick Review: LF Rolex Submariner 3135 clone movement

sacsah1

So here is a quick review of my recently acquired LF Submariner with real clone 3135 movement.

Guys in a quick summary, this watch is fantastic. The fit and finish is extremely well. Sure it's not 100% gen like in regards to case construction like gen bezel won't fit this case but one can install gen insert in rep bezel. It also accepts gen Crystal.

Given that it is using an actual clone of 3135, yuki and gen movement would fit no problem.

SEL is super tight but slightly less recessed than gen, honestly if you can notice that on my wrist 1 foot away, props to you!#

Now the biggest surprise of all, the movement. It is keeping excellent time and great power reserve.

I bought yuki movement for longevity but so far this movement is doing extremely well.

f44e70f043e6cba36ecf37c5d8de8b46.jpg

733a0eff3f708c86a949c5b306fa5b1e.jpg

f7d21c4156ffe25e423c2ad3639c75b0.jpg

55f3f66101089ace719241728a3eecd5.jpg

Looks very nice. Did you service the movement? Misielkped has been using these along with some Rolex parts to convert them to the correct hand stack GMT movement. His main comments are they all are very dirty and need a complete service before use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Panerai153 I'm not sure if these are the same movements yuki sells as yuki3135. Misikeped uses yuki3135 movements which are quite reliable once serviced.

I'm not sure who makes the movement in LF subs but it hasn't been serviced and it's running quite strong so far

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

I believe the LF is the new name for the previously SA3135 factory. I think this is the V2 version and has typically been fraught with peril as it has been unreliable. But maybe it has improved in the last year. It is not the same as the Yuki.

One issue with the LF/SA3135 movements is the proprietary stem that is used. Once it breaks, you cannot find a replacement since it's not gen spec.

But I could be wrong. Regardless, the gap between gen and rep is closing for sure. Congrats on the new timepiece.

• Like 1

Thank you dbane883 for your insight. I'll be sending the watch to. Misiekped so we can definitely get his input about the movement.

What do you think about the overall shape of the case.casel? To me it looks spot on. I know couple of guys on rwi nitpick the rehaut but when I compared it to my gen blnr. Its 90% like gen.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

If I had to nitpick, I'd say the date window is definitely wrong. The square is too big. Also the crown when screwong is too rough. A gen dial and gen tube and crown will take care of that