When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice Needed Regarding New Asian 21j

Cranky

Happy new Year to all.

A couple of days ago I took delivery of a Vach Constantine 21j Auto with clear back case. This watch is great but has a rattle. If you turn the watch face up to face down or from side to side you can hear something loose inside. Is this just the rotor. The rotor seems to be doing its job and pivoting as it should with nothing appearing to be moving around in side the case (as much as I can see).

Is this just a natural characteristic of this watch movement or should i talk to the dealer regarding this issue.

Never had this movement before and would much appreciate feedback

thanks

Cranky

I assume it the rotor makes a "grinding" sound when winding. This is absolutely normal! I have the same movement in a Panerai, and the winding is audible even it a distance. This is not a concern.

However, it you hear "rattling" (shake the watch up and down instead of side to side to keep the rotor still but watch moving) then something has come loose. Though, juding from the fact that you are not complaining about any malfunctions my assumption is that this is not the case.

I've got the same. My wife thought it was broken when she picked up the package and it sounded so bad.

A local watchsmith oiled the rotor and it is definitely quieter, but still sounds pretty rough.

Just make sure that the noise coincides with the movement of the rotor. You are luck to have a display back so you can monitor it.

My watch is keeping great time and looks fantastic. It is the one with the retrograding date and fake turb.