When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Last batch of KW PAM292 has a huge CP !!!

themannier

I received a very nice KW PAM292 from TORO a few days ago... It's is surprising to see that she has a big CP wich is not correct.

I remember that the pig version had the same CP;

So, i have an idea, order the last H factory PAM 292 V2 with ceramic crown.

I 'd like to install the dial, hand, movement in the KW body...... Do you think the diameter will be the same, would you do that ?

My watch in the picture below; believe me, this CP is really huge, it's a real flaw ! :angry2:

P_20160102_132002_zpsvnljoobm.jpg

Edited by themannier

The solution is simple: CP polish + hand swap!

I picked up a 643 with the same problem and thought I'd need to do an H3 CP swap... but when I pulled the hands there was a normal sized CP hiding under the capped minute hand. A quick polish of the CP and a new hand set and problem solved. And luckily I was able to source a Noob ceramic crown too ;)

IMG_20151129_193651_zpsjozt3kpn.jpg

Quick polish with a dremel: 

IMG_20151129_194209_zpset1tcwix.jpg

KW hands with built-in cap:

IMG_20151129_202620_zpsbdrqlokr.jpg

IMG_20151129_202705_zpsyzq2putr.jpg

New hands:

IMG_20151210_135332_hdr_zpscoqjdmbr.jpg

Noob Crown:

IMG_20151116_151551_zpsnd6o72ds.jpg

PS: Noob crown is a direct swap to the V6F crown tube... H-Factory crown will not be a direct swap as it has different thread pitch. 

I got the hands + crown from Oncyte ... and no, he does not have any more.  You could source the hands from DSN or another TD. As for the crown, good luck :)

To source minute hand try to check the many rep part sales forums.  DSN is a good TD to contact for parts.  perhaps another TD; Puretime has sourced me hands before. Maybe Toro can help?

Or get Gen hands!

It is best to get both new minute and hour hands to be sure they match perfect in black finish and lume.