When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki 1680 ETA Dial Out Of Stock

UmpaHimself

This build is already having it's challenges and I don't even have all the parts yet. I was hoping to use Yuki's 1680 white dial for ETA movement but it seems both the white and red ETA dials are out of stock. I sent him an email to confirm but no response yet. Phong says he can get one special ordered but I don't really feel like spending $350 on a dial. Any recommendations?

1 hour ago, DVNE said:

Get the 1680 dial for the Rolex movement. The one for ETA uses ETA date window location. Not so true to gen...

Thanks for the reply. I'm using it on my new MBW with an ETA movement. Won't that be an issue for both the dial feet and the date wheel location? 

If the MBW base you are using is a 1680 then it would have a datewheel overlay that would need a Rolex spec date window. It wouldn't be compatible with the Yuki ETA datewindow. 

1 minute ago, DVNE said:

If the MBW base you are using is a 1680 then it would have a datewheel overlay that would need a Rolex spec date window. It wouldn't be compatible with the Yuki ETA datewindow. 

Wow that's great to know! Thanks for that info, I'm such a noob at this stuff. But the dial feet placement will still be set up for the Rolex movement correct?

Yup. You have to cut the feet off and use dial dots to the movement or movement ring. The good thing is you don't have to worry about centering the datewheel and aligning it. It's already done for you. If you don't feel up tot he task, contact mymanmatt or a reputable forum modder that can assemble it for you.

Key thing to remember is make sure the dial is secured to the movement ring/movement AND there is enough clearance for the datewheel to rotate without contact to the back of the dial.

2 hours ago, DVNE said:

Yup. You have to cut the feet off and use dial dots to the movement or movement ring. The good thing is you don't have to worry about centering the datewheel and aligning it. It's already done for you. If you don't feel up tot he task, contact mymanmatt or a reputable forum modder that can assemble it for you.

Key thing to remember is make sure the dial is secured to the movement ring/movement AND there is enough clearance for the datewheel to rotate without contact to the back of the dial.

Yeah, Im definitely going to recruit someone. Every build I touch gets destroyed :lol: