When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16570 dial: rep vs. gen and question

Nightwatch

Just picked up this gen dial and I wonder if some of the Senior members could give me some more information about production Years or batches for this type of Explorer II dial or link me to a dial variations page.

I´m somewhat “underwhelmed” by the dial in comparison to the (faulty) rep one of my Noob Explorer II, not sure if I want to mount it. I´m just missing that “Wow”-factor. It´s very nice and clean cut but....

The date-window cutout is fine, so is the lume application and lume. The lettering itself is crisp but somewhat “pale”, skinnier and less glossy compared to the rep dial (and other gen dials on google). The white is very smooth, but it doesn´t shine more than the rep dial either.

Lume on the rep is botched, but shine and glow are 99% the same.

Are there 16570 service-dials that look like this? or is it just different production Years? The rep is supposed to be an M-serial, 2008 transitional Explorer II. 

Also looking for general opinions of what You would do: switch it or not? Will there be a difference once mounted? Thanks All for any input:)

on to the pics:

reduced_3496.jpg

reduced_3487.jpg

Breduced_3497_1.jpg

reduced_3498.jpg

Areduced_3486.jpg

reduced_3490a.jpg

reduced_3490b.jpg

reduced_3495.jpg

reduced_3492.jpg

For my money (and maybe I'm biased owning the gen) but the rep dial has never looked right - a lot of stuff too thick and sloppy (lume and indices particularly). Looking at the bezel and hands I think a dial swap would be a huge improvement and bring it really close to gen. Try to find a way to do it without cutting the feet though! :)