When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Next Build: Tudor 7928

Mike_G

I'm almost finished with my 1016 Explorer build and think I want to do a Tudor 7928. I think I'm going to start with a Cartel 5513. I figure I'll go with the cheaper version with the 2813 movement for $148. I have a Seagull TY2100 (2836) that I can use.  My thought is to use a dial from Yuki ot ND Trading. My question is which gen parts to use and where to have any case mods done.

Choose the dial you prefer, i found personally the MQ dial the best.

The new cartel case are finally good enough for the new long cg's, you just need a bit of moddding in terms of reshape, drill lug holes, replace plexy whit gen t19 or gen spec, gen 703 long crown and gen or gen spec tube, fat springbars and caseback and case engraving by Jmb or Neckyzips. ;)

I have one I'm building right now. Sadly it's with the old cartel case with short crown guards.

The case has been engraved between the lugs by JMB and the lugs drilled to gen spec. The Caseback is currently being engraved by JMB as we speak.

It also has a gen spec Athaya 700 crown and tube fitted.

I also have a big dazz relumed hands and Helenarou dial and on his return from his trip have ordered a new bezel insert from him too.

As for the crystal, I went for a Sternkreuz Rolex No.19 ) Sternkreuz XS305.451.

I bought the watch with an Asian 2836 -2 but given time would like to replace it with a low beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
On 21 marzo 2016 at 2:44 AM, Mike_G said:

I'm almost finished with my 1016 Explorer build and think I want to do a Tudor 7928. I think I'm going to start with a Cartel 5513. I figure I'll go with the cheaper version with the 2813 movement for $148. I have a Seagull TY2100 (2836) that I can use.  My thought is to use a dial from Yuki ot ND Trading. My question is which gen parts to use and where to have any case mods done.

i'm not expert:( but maybe the cartel 2813 don't switch with 2836 (different hand pinion ? )  but  i have read that the 2813 can switch with myota 8215 ( see Interactive work..)

Edited by Dan71