When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting up to speed

Haig

Hi everyone,

I came across this site while looking for a way to repair a watch crown, stem & tube on an old Daytona replica I acquired as a gift around 1997. The crown had stripped, but it's a nice watch. Anyway, this forum was super helpful in making that repair and of course I got hooked in. The dial layout isn't even close to a genuine. I was curious if anyone recognizes what it might be or where it's from? All functions work and I'm glad I was able to fix it.

Thanks,

Haig

IMG_0016 (1).JPG

IMG_0011 (1).JPG

Thanks Guys. I believe "7750" was printed somewhere on the movement, at least I used a 7750 stem for the replacement, which worked. I don't know if it was an asian mov't or otherwise. I was just curious because overall it's a very nice watch, all chrono functions work (sec@9) but why go through all that trouble just to have the slightly wider subdial placement?

Thanks again to the forum for having the info on the crown/tube replacement. Other than the stripped crown, it's worked great since day one. Once I get some time, I'll post pictures of other watches, gen and reps.

Thanks!