When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 7750/ Quality Of Pam202?

shultz

Hello Rob,

A long time ago I read your review of the new asian 7750 mvt. (28’800 bph). As far as I remember you reviewed the modified asian 7750 with running second at 6 (Daytona) which is quite tricky because of the additional 11 gears.

But what is about the asian 7750 with running second at 9? I am thinking about a purchase of the PAM202 with subdial position on 3, 6, 9 and running second at 9. Please note the pic (taken from Paul's site):

177637-8059.jpg

Did you ever serviced a watch like this? Would you recommend this as a reliable watch? Furthermore: Do you think you would get it water proof by installing additional o-rings to the pushers and the crown?

I’d be happy for your information, all the best :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Frank

Hi Frank,

I have serviced many of the new ones and these are not a bad movement. Actually they are very good, they can have a few minor issues, but nothing like the modified running seconds at 6 models have...

So yes, I would recommend any 7750 that does not have the running seconds at 6.

The pushers and crown normally have all the orings in place, and you can't add anymore. All that can be done, is to inspect and lubricate the existing orings, but I still would not swim with it...

RG