When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex black sub noob v6s sa3135

goodytwoshoes

Hi rep enthusiasts, 

After researching on various forums for 3 months, Im convinced of the Noob v6s build. However, the thing holding me back from purchasing is the difference in mechanism reliability. Many have explicitly highlighted that the Sa3135 is more prone to have problems and issues (weak stem etc) versus the A2836. 

My initial contact with approved TD InTime revealed that he hasnt in fact gotten much complaints from customers on the sa3135 till date. 

Any thoughts on this? Close to having my firstt sub rep.! 

Despite what your TD says I would go with a 2836 version unless you're planning on installing gen parts and don't mind the risk factor with the sa3135. A 2836 is a very reliable option and anyone can fix the ETA easily but not so much with a sa3135

I'll add in on what @iroleu said. Dont buy the SA3135 unless you want performance that is both worse and prone to die.

Only time I would buy the SA3135 would be for a Yuki 3135 (with genuine parts) and e.g. genuine Mercedes-hands and genuine dial.

/V

Hi Hologramet

Appreciate your advice as well. 

Just placed my order for a 2016 Noob Black Ceramic Sub V6s!

Will be posting the QC pics once I receive from Ryan, for the extra pair of trained seasoned eyes on QC.

• Just curious, any particular section of the watch do I have to pay attention to/ ask for more detailed pics?

@ChrisBlank

Hi Chris

I've been rather busy this weekend settling the purchase of my car. Havent got the opportunity to place the order yet.

Do you have a payment confirmation from your bank? 

@hologramet

Hi Holo

Yeah I've looked through these two and have a list of the following to look out for:-

• Rehaut alignment
  • Pearl positioning
  • Date "centered-ness"
  • Sel-Filment
  • Bezel engrave
  • Dial words and colour tonality
  • Crown protector

As mentioned earlier, I will post up the QC pics (when i finalize  the order next week) for your expert opinions, feel free to comment. 

On 2016-07-03 at 2:05 PM, goodytwoshoes said:

@ChrisBlank

Hi Chris

I've been rather busy this weekend settling the purchase of my car. Havent got the opportunity to place the order yet.

Do you have a payment confirmation from your bank? 

@hologramet

Hi Holo

Yeah I've looked through these two and have a list of the following to look out for:-

• Rehaut alignment
  • Pearl positioning
  • Date "centered-ness"
  • Sel-Filment
  • Bezel engrave
  • Dial words and colour tonality
  • Crown protector

As mentioned earlier, I will post up the QC pics (when i finalize  the order next week) for your expert opinions, feel free to comment. 

1) Rehaut alignment, correct

2) Pearl and insert, that it is the correct v6s-type and not earlier (this can be judged by pearl, depth and look of insert numbers)

3) SEL-fitment + clasp. That it is the correct v6s.

4) Crown-guards, don't think there is anything to look for there though.

5) Dial print, same there... It is what it is. If you want better, have a watchmaker relume a BP Miyota 116610LN-dial (and also the hands) with Superluminova BGW9.

Got a confirmed payment from Ryan finally.

This is my noob 2836 V6. The date was a little too high, but Ryan's team is doing a great job and is replacing it with one that's centered.

IMG_2402.JPG

I'm looking good forward to putting this one on the wrist.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

QC pics are up here. In my opinion, the the gap between the case and the bracelet is too wide and "misfitted".

OK parts seem to be (1) Rehaut alignment (2) Pearl positioning (3) Datewheel "centered-ness" (4) Dial words.

Anyone keen to provide opinion and extra help on this?

Guys, what do you think?

@hologramet

@ChrisBlank

Thanks! :)

IMG_5718.JPG

IMG_5723.JPG

IMG_5725.JPG

IMG_5727.JPG

@goodytwoshoes,

I had a similar case recently in which I actually accepted the watch as I figured these ultra high res close ups would highlight actual non-problems.

Upon arrival the product actually looked 85% better than the close up QC shots.

However, the limit of tolerance is to each their own. So I guess it depends on what you are or are not willing to accept.

I actually brought this watch to the office today, and it was a hit! I am luck to work with many replica enthusiasts in my office.

ref-116610ln noob - intime.jpg