When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob V6 DSSD D-Blue from Intime Watches

richard591

Having recently bought a DSSD black from another source I must confess I fell in love with the noob V6 DSSD D-Blue, so decided to buy one of those as well. I bought the D-Blue from Ryan at Intime, a trusted dealer, and have not been disappointed. I was helped in this decision by all those who have recently posted about the same source/supply, so thank you all for the info and comments.

Without any doubt this noob V6 watch knocks spots off the original DSSD black I bought from "Forever Watches". It is utterly stunning and I say that being a very long term wearer/owner of the genuine articles. The quality of finish is just faultless and an added bonus is that it's keeping time at about +4/5 secs per day straight away.

Bezel is a full 120 clicks and the best I have felt so far in terms of feel and (although bloody difficult to see) the Rolex etched crown logo is there on the crystal at the 6 o'clock position. The bracelet is also of very high quality.

My experience of dealing with Ryan was faultess and the whole process from order to delivery (via UK) was about 9/10 days. Payment was by credit card with no problems or delays.

I received the promised QA photos with the order number alongside about 2 days after payment was confirmed and looked at them very closely because I had read posts from others wondering if these were only a set of standard/stock photos sent out to everyone. I looked at some of the most recent QA photos published by other members who've bought this model from Ryan on a back to back basis and I can confirm that, although the angles and shots were same/similar, I could clearly see the differences, particularly in the position of bits of the wrapping on the bracelet, the position of the crown and the position of the lettering on the case back. This was all re-confirmed when looking at the actual watch when it arrived and comparing it to the photos again.

So far as the price is concerned, it's worth the extra by a long way.

So, all in all, I must say this confirms what everyone else who's posted has said. Thanks again to all of you.

Glad you are enjoying the watch - wear it well!

I'm also taken by the D-Blue, having just spent my 'annual' rep allowance on a Tudor Pelagos. I'm just worried about it going on my flat 7.5 inch wrist. I wear my rep Omega planet ocean 45mm Titanium which weighs in at 145g and is 16.5mm deep day-in-day-out. I also can wear the steel version of the same watch, which is comfortable but a little heavy for wearing round the clock.

Would it be possible for you to weigh yours at some point? I know a gen DSSD weighs about 212g.

Thanks

N

Yes, you're correct, it weighs in at 215g after removing 2 links of the bracelet to make it fit perfectly. I wouldn't worry too much about the weight as I got used to it very quickly with the DSSD black edition I had bought a couple of months ago.

I also am used to wearing a genuine Sub, which is currently in for its 5 yearly service at Rolex, and the DSSD bracelet is as comfortable as that and also much higher quality as it's the latest type of "glidelock" with micro adjustment. You just have to get used to the fact that the case obviously seems a bit "top heavy" at first. This sensation soon goes and after wearing the DSSD for a month or more I just don't notice it any more.

Possibly the only thing you have to get used to long term is the fact that it's easier to catch/bang it on things as you pass by due to the height above the wrist. So, just be aware.

Good luck and if you buy one - enjoy. It's a lovely piece of engineering, even if it's only a rep.

• Like 1

Richard

Thank you so much! Could I ask about the Glidelock you have on your DSSD rep. I looked at Josh's listing and it makes no mention of this. Does it have the gen DSSD type glidelock which can be adjusted without even taking the watch off the wrist, or is it the newest Sub nodate type glidelock that can be adjusted off the wrist but needs no tools.

I think if I have any form of tool-free micro adjustment I'll get it as it will allow me to optimise the fit during the day.

Edited by ninjagaiden

The DSSD (genuine) is fitted as standard with the full glidelock bracelet, which includes the central lift up section allowing for micro adjustment on the wrist. My DSSD D-blue and the DSSD black both have this, as they should to be faithful replicas. The replica sub I also bought has the standard glidelock which just slides when taken off the wrist, but no central lift up section.

The DSSD bracelet is also 21mm wide as opposed to all other modern subs at 20mm wide. The DSSD bracelet should therefore not fit a sub as its 1mm too wide. The quality of the bracelet on the DSSD D-blue is outstanding and I know that if you went to Rolex to buy a genuine one it's over £2,000

• Like 1

Brilliant. Josh's site was down briefly last night, so I went to Trusytime where they have more bracelet pics and I saw the glidelock details - but always better to get info from a real source.

Final question I promise - which movement did you go for? 2836 or 3135. I'm more interested in longevity than fidelity, especially with the pound taking a beating like it just has, I suspect I will only be able to buy 1 rep a year (2 this year being a leap year :))

I went for the A2836 and was warned off the 3135 by another member on this site. I think the 3135 has weaknesses/reliability issues and is not worth the extra money. However, the 2836 seems to be regarded by most as a good solid and reliable movement. This is also my current (so far) experience and if you go to my post on "regulating the A2836 movement" which is still ongoing and getting replies, you will see that I have been going through a regulating period with good results on the original DSSD black I bought before the D-Blue.

• Like 1

My D-Blue arrived today. Lovely lovely lovely!

I took my time setting up the strap and adjuster just right. It's heavy but because you can get such a good fit, it wears just as well as my steel Omega PO 45. Been wearing it all day since it arrived.

Blue is darker than I thought, but that's good because on casual glance under a shirt cuff it just looks like a black dial.

Only thing I hadn't realised is that there is no AR on the glass, but actually it just adds to the shininess of the watch.

8 hours ago, ninjagaiden said:

My D-Blue arrived today. Lovely lovely lovely!

I took my time setting up the strap and adjuster just right. It's heavy but because you can get such a good fit, it wears just as well as my steel Omega PO 45. Been wearing it all day since it arrived.

Blue is darker than I thought, but that's good because on casual glance under a shirt cuff it just looks like a black dial.

Only thing I hadn't realised is that there is no AR on the glass, but actually it just adds to the shininess of the watch.

Gen doesn't have AR as well. 

3 hours ago, irolexu said:

Gen doesn't have AR as well. 

I know! I've only seen the gen watch in pictures where they remove the glass or do something to reduce reflections from the wonderful dial!

The bigger problem is that I'm so blown away by the quality of the NF V7 I'm wanting to see what else NF are making. I'm quite taken by the JF 114600 and if NF did a version of this I would certainly be wanting it.

Sounds like you've really got the bug. Told you it was nice.

Back to my message on waterproofing. Had the movement out today and the good news is that the hole for the HE Valve does not seem to be drilled right through the case, or if it is, it's behind the tightly machined/fitted inner ring under the rehaut ring and you can't see it. Therefore, take back off and winder stem out to apply silicone grease to all the "O" ring seals seems to be all that's required. I've done this to my DSSD Black as previously mentioned and have been in the pool with it several times now without any problems. Watch dries out on my wrist in 30 degree sunshine just to put it under further stress.

Enjoy.