When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paris Gtg - January 28, Sunday

Usil

Some of us have gotten lucky during the holidays and gotten a few watches. Ryyannon, Pugwash and Usil will be meeting on January 28 at the Cafe Select in Paris. Time 2:00 pm. We can show our new goodies and guzzel a few beers.

Anyone else local want to show up, the more the merrier.

Usil

Edited by Usil

Guest Sql_pl

Plan to spend a couple of days in Paris during Valentine's day time - probably something between 13-16.02

I am not sure how is the schedule going to look like as we would like to see everything there with my gf but maybe we can work out a small gtg then?

Should know for sure about the trip this week, I am now trying to find a good place to stay over there.

Cheers

Maciek

Plan to spend a couple of days in Paris during Valentine's day time - probably something between 13-16.02

I am not sure how is the schedule going to look like as we would like to see everything there with my gf but maybe we can work out a small gtg then?

Should know for sure about the trip this week, I am now trying to find a good place to stay over there.

Cheers

Maciek

Just a few very good ones:

Le Meurice

4 seasons (they are ALWAYS good, I loved the ones in milan and hamburg)

The Hyatt

Ritz

Just a few very good ones:

Le Meurice

4 seasons (they are ALWAYS good, I loved the ones in milan and hamburg)

The Hyatt

Ritz

You forgot the Crillon on the Place de Concorde: Nice view from the Presidential Suite. Just tell them that Ryyannon sent you.

By the way, who's paying for all this?

If you're looking for a charming boutique hotel at less than $1,500 per day for a standard room, let me know - I can give you some suggestions....

I may still be using IE5.1 (last version ever made for Apple computers) but I do know my way around town.

Just a quick general footnote: anyone thinking of coming here should check out the listings (and client ratings) on tripadvisor.com:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g187147-...nce-Hotels.html

My own favorite areas are the 5th and 6th districts, with several great places in the 7th, 14th, and Saint Louis Island (l'Ile Saint-Louis).

Scroll down the listings and you'll be SURE to find just the place that fits your budget and tastes.

With a little bit of friendly requesting - and if you're hesitant to do the negotiating for reservations and rooms, I'll be happy to call in and do the preliminaries - after which you can call in your financials (credit card) to book your stay.*

Good luck looking - it's actually quite enjoyable reading the tripadvisor reviews!

*offer reserved for Supporting Members and RWG old-timers, whether Supporting or not. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Paris GTG: Sunday, January 28

3 days and counting.

Sunday at the Cafe Select in Paris at 2:00 pm - three of us for sure - anyone else?

Can't wait to see all of Pugwash's new watches.

Usil

Edited by Usil