When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Word On A New Davidsen 111h Dial?

explor_er

I just got both the 005 and the 111H.

I have to admit I am disappointed for the price paid.

The over all quality is very good.

However three big problems with the 111H.

The sandwich effect of the dial is practically non existent.

There appears to be no distance between the top dial and the lumed sub dial surface.

Its takes magnification to notice the space, its there - but minimal.

Without magnification it looks just like my 111G.

The lug screws come completely stripped out.

They will not hold a strap in place.

He was kind enough to include the new spring bars.

However these pass right through the lug holes.

Too small to hold the strap in place.

The spring bars just fall completely out of the lug.

You will have to glue the pins in place of all things!

Lastly David son did not answer my email and address the problems.

He has chosen to ignore my polite inquiry of product issues.

Disappointed in product, disappointed in service.

I was hoping he was better than this.

At this point I cannot recommend him.

I wish it wasn't so.

I was just looking at a dealers review with rather detailed pictures of Davidsens:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Davidsenand39s-1...zie-t20623.html

From the pictures looks like the spring bars are of the traditional type (ie that you push in from both ends) rather than the screw that Panerai has. Is that correct?

Correct - traditional style spring bars with cut out on the very end that makes it appear to be a traditional screw rather than spring bar. In my case the problem is the spring bar diameter is smaller than the lug hole - spring bar passes easily thru the lug hole and falls out. No way to anchor it except glue it in. The lugs have been badly stripped - it will not hold any Pam type screw either. :thumbdown:

I had the impression that all the quality reps from the wellknown dealers (Joshua, Davidsen etc) all had screwed springbars, not the traditional one. And that one only had use a traditional one if threads are worn out. Do you know if Davidsen uses traditional spring bars on all his models, or is he using screws at some of them?

quote name='JJFlash' date='Mar 8 2007, 10:25 PM' post='213669']

Correct - traditional style spring bars with cut out on the very end that makes it appear to be a traditional screw rather than spring bar. In my case the problem is the spring bar diameter is smaller than the lug hole - spring bar passes easily thru the lug hole and falls out. No way to anchor it except glue it in. The lugs have been badly stripped - it will not hold any Pam type screw either. :thumbdown:

Do you mean temporarily, or has he closed down for good? I was planning to buy a 111h and brass arms from him. I got the impression his Pams were the best quality available if I am not concerned with some minor flaws regarding font size etc.

Guys, I don't think he is out of business, just yesterday I ordered one of his top of the line Titanium watches, I think that he is no longer dealing with PayPal, some problems or something, but I am sure that he is still in the biz, so without worry keep in tune to the sites and the whereabouts of the great Davidsen, for he shall not subside......... :sun: SHINE...

Guys, I don't think he is out of business, just yesterday I ordered one of his top of the line Titanium watches, I think that he is no longer dealing with PayPal, some problems or something, but I am sure that he is still in the biz, so without worry keep in tune to the sites and the whereabouts of the great Davidsen, for he shall not subside......... :sun: SHINE...

LOL definitely not out of business. I know he has been harassed about the new dial quite abit, so I wouldn't suggest emailing him about it. Just sit tight, we were told mid to late march, so let's wait for that to come, then if we don't hear anything, maybe we can start harassing him :whistling:

I had the impression that all the quality reps from the wellknown dealers (Joshua, Davidsen etc) all had screwed springbars, not the traditional one. And that one only had use a traditional one if threads are worn out. Do you know if Davidsen uses traditional spring bars on all his models, or is he using screws at some of them?

David son uses Pam screws in the lugs like every other dealer.

However, they are a different size than any other Pam I own.

Also, the only Pam's I have bought that came stripped - both watches, total all four lugs ruined.

Since so many screw lugs come stripped out from him, he is including the new springbars for a fix.

As you have read above, the spring bars are too small diameter and they don't work.

Tour, have you installed the new dial yet? How does it look? Is the depth of the sandwich shallower than the gen? Can you give us your thoughts. Thanks so much for sharing.

Hi

i have install around 10 of his dials for my customized watches.

why?

what is wrong with his dial again?

I've read in other posts that the dial font is incorrect and that the thickness of the sandwich dial is too thin. I'm curious if he has corrected the problems with the new dial. I'm thinking about replacing the dial if the new one he offers is much more accurate.