When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

N00b With Introduction, And Questions!

jacobsen1

Hey, great forum here and I've been wading through the info all day. I've been into watches for as long as I can remember and have always loved/wanted nice watches. I've also always been interested in replicas but have always shied away from the overcoat vendors in NYC. Well I was referred to this site and some of the vendors through a car forum I frequent and now I'm looking to buy my first replica.

First question:

I'm looking at getting a Rolex GMT master with the black dial and red/blue bezel. I've found it on WO mart, watchwindersworld and trusty time. My question comes with their descriptions of the GMT movement:

WO Mart:

GMT functional - with independent adjustable HOUR hand,NOT GMT hand same as original.

Watchwindersworld/Perfect Clones:

Movement: Swiss Eta 2836-2 Modified Automatic Movement, GMT Hand independently adjustable

Trustytime version 1:

GMT HAND: YES (Hour hand adjustable version)

trustytime #2:

GMT HAND: YES (GMT hand adjustable version)

So what does all that mean? an I adjust and set both the GMT hand AND the hour hand on any of those? I'm just a little confused on their descriptions of the movements and adjust ability. Also there is the price difference between the 3 of $179, $208, and $218. The perfect clone version sounds like everything is adjustable, but I'm thinking the others might be also. Thanks for any advice on the 3...

Also, anyone care to chime in as to what watch to get as my first between these 4:

Rolex GMT Master II

180707-7408.jpg

Rolex Submariner

180707-7409.jpg

is it only $89 because Rolex doesn't actually make a black on black watch, or is it not built as well as the other replicas?

Bell & Ross 46mm Black/Orange Chrono

180707-7410.jpg

Bell & Ross 46mm Black/White Chrono

180707-7411.jpg

I know it's all subjective. I really like black watches. The Rolex GMT is a classic sailing watch I've always admired so maybe I'll start with that since I've seen and admired the real deal. The black on black submariner is the cheapest to get my collection started, but why is it only $89? As for the 2 Bell & Ross watches, I really like U-BOAT watches and it's the closest I've seen in the replica world. I'd prefer Black w/Red and since they don't make that I'm wondering if I'd like orange or if it's too Halloweenish... Also the White version has better night readability so that's why it's in there....

Anyway, I'd really appreciate the help on the different movements on the GMT. If I can't set both the GMT hand and the hour hand it's out.... If I can then I'll probably get it first...

Thanks,

Ben

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I believe the black Rolex i cheaper because it is a lower quality watch. Cheaper to produceand/or cheaper parts and thus cheaper to sell.

Most likely the GMT from Trysty/Wo-mart and Perfect clones (Joshua) is the same watch and the GMT hand is adjustable. All the tree dealers are good dealers. Upgrade your membership so that you can browse through the review section and read the members reviews of the different dealers. Might make it easier for you to decide who to buy from ;)

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I believe the black Rolex i cheaper because it is a lower quality watch. Cheaper to produceand/or cheaper parts and thus cheaper to sell.

Most likely the GMT from Trysty/Wo-mart and Perfect clones (Joshua) is the same watch and the GMT hand is adjustable. All the tree dealers are good dealers. Upgrade your membership so that you can browse through the review section and read the members reviews of the different dealers. Might make it easier for you to decide who to buy from ;)

Thanks.

The thing that got me thinking is the fact that trusty time has 2 different version for sale... Otherwise I was assuming they were all the same replica and all have the same functionality...

As for signing up and upgrading... I'm very tempted to do so, but since it's my first day I just wonder if I'll be coming back here a lot or if this will be another one of my hobbies that last a month or less... I've always loved watches and can't afford the real deal though so I'm pretty sure I'll stick around (making the $10 no big deal...) But I did go to that section and was bummed to see the vendor reviews are hidden until you pay. Not that I don't think it's not worth it though as I prefer anything that keeps sites like this running and full of good info.

Thanks again for the info.

Ben

Thanks.

The thing that got me thinking is the fact that trusty time has 2 different version for sale... Otherwise I was assuming they were all the same replica and all have the same functionality...

As for signing up and upgrading... I'm very tempted to do so, but since it's my first day I just wonder if I'll be coming back here a lot or if this will be another one of my hobbies that last a month or less... I've always loved watches and can't afford the real deal though so I'm pretty sure I'll stick around (making the $10 no big deal...) But I did go to that section and was bummed to see the vendor reviews are hidden until you pay. Not that I don't think it's not worth it though as I prefer anything that keeps sites like this running and full of good info.

Thanks again for the info.

Ben

:lol:

Believe you me...you will be coming back here.....and the $10 you just spent on your upgrade.......will be like a drop in the ocean compared to the amount you will spend on buying new watches ;)

:lol:

Believe you me...you will be coming back here.....and the $10 you just spent on your upgrade.......will be like a drop in the ocean compared to the amount you will spend on buying new watches ;)

I'm already nervous about that part....

and it will be real interesting to see the wifes reaction... First that I bought a >$2,000 watch, and then once I explain I got it for "only" $200 she'll still be [censored] that I spent that much... :lol: But I've got my fun money budget, and this is what it's for...