When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

bezel repair and recommended modds on my BK DSSD (early batch)?

shultz

Hi all,

having been away for a very long time from the forum... In my watch box I found my early batch BK DSSD (noob with swiss ETA). Dial and hands have been relumed some years ago by a kind guy on another forum. Unfortunately I don't find my conversations and can't get into contact.

I really love this bulky and reliable watch despite of the obvious flaws. But now I notice that the bezel is turning in both directions. I guess the spring is flatenend. As I am going to install a new ceramic insert (sourced by Josh) it makes a sense to remove the bezel and fix the spring. Does anybody know where to get an appropriate spring which will last for the next years? I remember the existing one like a very thin sheet metal.

Furthermore I'd like to ask you for your ideas of modifying my DSSD slightly (I wont build up an expensive super Franken). I am attaching a pair of pics for you. For example the deep engravings are bothering me a bit. Can these engravings be filled up with black matte lacquer and sanded down afterwards (I know the crystal has to be removed before).

Thanks for your supprt, all the best

bk_dssd_1.jpg

bk_dssd_2.jpg

Edited by shultz