When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Sub

z80

Here is another pic.. and the story.

This is mostly a Sash Best Sub. When I got the Sash Sub I was pretty pleased, but noticed some things that just didn't sit right with me. First and most noticable was the position of the date, too far to the right, but the cyclops was right over the date making for a nice looking date, just not in the right spot. The next thing was the height of the crystal, it seemed a hair too low, and lastly the wight of the whole watch was a bit on the light side. Now, don't look at this as a negative review of the Sash Best... It's definately a very nice watch. Now here is what I did to it.

Complete disassemble (just the watch not the movement)

Total Cape Cod polish (notice the rehaut has lost it's dullness) and the bracelet is much smoother now.

Installed complete movement, dial and hands from an older TWG Best (before the Ultimate and Perfect was released) This put the date in the right spot as the TWG one got that better, however this opened up another problem as the TWG crystal would not work..

Dug through my parts box and installed a crystal from a 2 year old Abay Yachtmaster (perfect fit and cyclops location)

Put everything back together using the case back from before mentioned Yachtmaster which was a perfect fit and literally weighed twice as much as the Sash case back

Gave it a final polishing and there we go.. all took about 2hrs while watching TV.

Not "Perfect", but not bad. Wouldn't mind a re-lume and a genuine bezel pearl.

post-2344-1168720730_thumb.jpg