When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How long should sourcing take?

tyrantblade

Ive been waiting just over a week for the factory (JHF/OMF) to give Trusty a 2nd watch to do QC on.

Hopefully its much better than the 1st; my main gripe is the pearl; idk if thats a huge problem for the factory or what.

Pictures seem to indicate that the pearls are much better after they changed their name to OMF; so im very frustrated that its taking this long for them to supply a 2nd watch so i can approve it if its acceptable.

Or reject if its not and ask for a refund.

Im not faulting Trusty or anything; i just expect a certain standard at the cost of these reps.

Im not expecting perfection; but if something is gonna bug me on the front side of the watch i cant accept it.

I can accept some things being bad (such as spelling on the movement) or simply ungenlike (like an improper date font; slightly wrong case thickness or watch diameter; seconds hand tip being slightly wrong color); but everything should be straight/align properly; and i cant accept a terrible pearl when the cost is up past $250 (i would accept a somewhat bad pearl at like $100 or less).

If a rep factory cant do things to a standard equal to their price level; i doubt they will last long and it seems like JHF/OMF probably wont be around in a year or two if they dont pull things together.