When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2813 Movement opinions

ziax

This is the standard movement for rep watches easy and cheap movement to produce so the watches can be banged out cheaply. I have some 21js that are over 4 years old and still ticking with just a shake after not being picked up for months. The quality of the watches may suffer as they are seen as lower end reps but this is not always the case.

Some points to remember. 

1. They can have noisy rotors but so can other movements this could be just down to build quality.

2. The time setting is different. The hand moves 1.5hrs on one rotation instead of 45mins. 

3. They are low beat movements so tick at 6 BPS rather than 8.

Other than that they tend to be bulletproof and a good choice for some vintage models that were low beat anyway. 

This is the standard movement for rep watches easy and cheap movement to produce so the watches can be banged out cheaply. I have some 21js that are over 4 years old and still ticking with just a shake after not being picked up for months. The quality of the watches may suffer as they are seen as lower end reps but this is not always the case.

Some points to remember. 

1. They can have noisy rotors but so can other movements this could be just down to build quality.
2. The time setting is different. The hand moves 1.5hrs on one rotation instead of 45mins. 
3. They are low beat movements so tick at 6 BPS rather than 8.

Other than that they tend to be bulletproof and a good choice for some vintage models that were low beat anyway. 

Thanks for the info I have had a watch with the Movement it was a little loud but not to notice it unless it was very silent in the room is the Asia Clone SA3135 movement a lot better as its in a more expensive rep ?

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers
Freddie :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, ziax said:

Thanks for the info I have had a watch with the Movement it was a little loud but not to notice it unless it was very silent in the room is the Asia Clone SA3135 movement a lot better as its in a more expensive rep ?

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers
Freddie :)

Freddie I have personally stayed away from the SA3135 as there are many reported issues also it will not take many gen parts if it fails. A high beat Asian clone (A2836 or A2824) would be my weapon of choice for a high beat watch. 

I have two Yukis, which by some accounts are the same as the SH3135 that JF are using. To be sure to be sure they have been serviced and the Rotor assemblies replaced with gen Rolex assemblies, the winding bridges are modded and calendar plate is replaced on one. The SH takes 90% gen parts. 

The SH3135, SA3135 and Yuki look like the real deal and function like the real thing so that is an advantage also of course they take a gen dial and hands. An ETA based movement will not take Rolex gen dials or hands. 

Freddie I have personally stayed away from the SA3135 as there are many reported issues also it will not take many gen parts if it fails. A high beat Asian clone (A2836 or A2824) would be my weapon of choice for a high beat watch. 

I have two Yukis, which by some accounts are the same as the SH3135 that JF are using. To be sure to be sure they have been serviced and the Rotor assemblies replaced with gen Rolex assemblies, the winding bridges are modded and calendar plate is replaced on one. The SH takes 90% gen parts. 

The SH3135, SA3135 and Yuki look like the real deal and function like the real thing so that is an advantage also of course they take a gen dial and hands. An ETA based movement will not take Rolex gen dials or hands. 

Thanks for the info that's loads of help I'm looking to buy an ARF Rolex Datejust 36mm but I think they only do it with SA3135 movement I'm gonna get it and see how it holds up hopefully it works for a year but we will see

Thanks for the info! :)

Cheers
Freddie

1 hour ago, ziax said:

Thanks for the info that's loads of help I'm looking to buy an ARF Rolex Datejust 36mm but I think they only do it with SA3135 movement I'm gonna get it and see how it holds up hopefully it works for a year but we will see

Thanks for the info! :)

Cheers
Freddie

Never let a movement stop you from buying the watch you want. Movements are always replaceable if not repairable. 

• Like 1