When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam027 Power Reserve

olreon

hello,

i was just wondering if the pam027 with swiss eta 2892-2 movement has a recessed power reserve sub dial or not? i can´t see it from the dealer pics. i know that the hobneil dialed version (pam028) has a recessed power reserve sub dial, but still don´t know for the pam027...

thanks... and best wishes

olreon

It does not. Rather it comes with the white outline. The interesting thing is that if you look in the Paneristi reference section it shows the dial two ways - recessed with no white outline around the reserve area and not recessed with whiteline. I have seen one in person and several offered for sale over the years and they all had the white outline and no recessing. The rep has white outline and not recessed. I really like the 2892-A2 Power Reserve reps because they come with the double cyclops mechanism. Add a finepics datewheel when they come out and you have a damn good rep. :)

Here is a sideview of a gen. As you can see it has the white outline but is not recessed.

186847-5692.jpg

hello,

the ones without the whiteline is the a series with tritium and the ones that are recessed and without the whitelines are the b and c series with luminova dial. it seems that the rep dial is correct for a a series pam027.

thanks kruzer! i looked at a ton of gen pam027 a series pics and never could figure out if it has recessed subdials or not.

best wishes

olreon

Kruzer,

What do you mean by double cyclops mechanism ? Do the Gens have a cyclops on both the inside and the outside of the crystal ?

The gen does not have a double cyclops mechanism but does have a sapphire cyclops with better specifications. The early Automatic PAM's 1998-2000 (A and B series) had more primitive cyclops than todays and as such poorer magnification and visual anomalies (streaks, reflections, etc.). Many, including this model, did not have AR coating. It took the Vendome group a couple of years to add various improvements. The rep uses a double cyclops system with what I would guess is glass rather than sapphire to achieve magnification which is pretty close to the gen. It is interesting that the contemporary Asian Power Reserve on the 222 uses a double cyclops system as well. It's result is actually too big relative to the gen. :)

hello,

the ones without the whiteline is the a series with tritium and the ones that are recessed and without the whitelines are the b and c series with luminova dial. it seems that the rep dial is correct for a a series pam027.

thanks kruzer! i looked at a ton of gen pam027 a series pics and never could figure out if it has recessed subdials or not.

best wishes

olreon

Actually, I am not aware of any "silver arrows" which came with L swiss L. Here are a couple of pics:

186870-5683.jpg

186870-5684.jpg

To the best of my knowledge they only did one year of the silver arrows with a total of 500 units and they were all T swiss T. I am not sure whether it was 1998 or 1999. The PR with the Silver Leaf came with L Swiss L, no white outline and recessed PR subdial. Here is a pic of that one. It has L Swiss L and if you look carefully you can see the recess.

186870-5685.jpg